    display card: gigabyte geforce fx6600
    hd: wd 160gb sata-II
    os: windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069
    =?Utf-8?B?cHJvYmxlbSBpbiBzYnMyMDAwIC0gZGhjcA==?=, Sep 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvYmxlbSBpbiBzYnMyMDAwIC0gZGhjcA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    DirectX 9.0c is installed in x64. You cannot download the 64-bit version.
    You downloaded the 32-bit version. Your game is probably not compatible
    with x64. It seems from postings here that many are not.

    John Barnes, Sep 22, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cHJvYmxlbSBpbiBzYnMyMDAwIC0gZGhjcA==?=

    DKI Guest

    windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069 that might be why as well and he would need to
    update to the trial release of the final version which is build 1830.

    DKI, Sep 22, 2005
  4. good catch. Yes, it's probably because he's still running early beta code

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 22, 2005
  5. As DKI points out, you're still running the beta/pre-release version of x64
    Edition. You'll need to replace that with the shipping version, either the
    Trial or full product.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64