    An example is 'alt.binaries.pictures.aly.........
    Also it is not at present showing the decription.
    I subscribe to newgroups via news.cable.ntlworld.com
    John Sullivan, Oct 5, 2005

  2. John Sullivan

    Gordon Guest

    "John Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    news:DFQ0f.13508$
    > How can I get OE to show the full title of newsgroups, rather than
    > only the first part please.
    > An example is 'alt.binaries.pictures.aly.........
    > Also it is not at present showing the decription.
    > I subscribe to newgroups via news.cable.ntlworld.com

    Where are you looking at these names?
    Gordon, Oct 5, 2005

  3. John Sullivan

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:36:35 GMT, "John Sullivan"
    <> wrote:

    >How can I get OE to show the full title of newsgroups, rather than only the
    >first part please.
    >An example is 'alt.binaries.pictures.aly.........

    Where? If it's a banner somewhere, expand the width of it.

    >Also it is not at present showing the decription.

    There is no description.
    Evan Platt, Oct 5, 2005
  4. John Sullivan

    Mike Easter Guest

    John Sullivan wrote:
    > How can I get OE to show the full title of newsgroups, rather than
    > only the first part please.
    > An example is 'alt.binaries.pictures.aly.........
    > Also it is not at present showing the decription.
    > I subscribe to newgroups via news.cable.ntlworld.com

    Move the slider to the right.

    Probably you are asking about the view whose Title bar says "Newsgroup
    subscriptions" which can be accessed in OE by selecting the newsserver
    and using Tools/ Newsgroups from the Menu or by R clicking the
    newsserver and selecting Newsgroups from the context menu or by using
    the Newsgroups button from the synchronization view.

    The Newsgroup Subscriptions window gives you tabs for All, Subscribed,
    and New and each tab view has columns for Newsgroup and Description.

    The column width is adjustable with a slider between newsgroup and
    description so that you can make the column wide enough to display the
    entire name of the newsgroup.

    The description function has to be accessible from the newsserver, which
    it usually isn't. When accessible, you check the box "Also search
    descriptions" which requires resetting the list of newsgroups. An
    example of a newsserver with available descriptions is news.spamcop.net

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 5, 2005
  5. John Sullivan

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > John Sullivan wrote:

    >> An example is 'alt.binaries.pictures.aly.........

    > Move the slider to the right.

    > The column width is adjustable with a slider between newsgroup and
    > description

    Just to the left of the word 'Description' is a faint delimitor. When
    you pass your cursor over that delimitor, it changes from an arrow to a
    black 'cross piece'.

    Depress and hold the L mouse button so that you can slide the crosspiece
    to the right to make a wider column for the newsgroup names. Then
    release the mousebutton.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 5, 2005
  6. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    > > John Sullivan wrote:

    > >> An example is 'alt.binaries.pictures.aly.........

    > > Move the slider to the right.

    > > The column width is adjustable with a slider between newsgroup and
    > > description

    > Just to the left of the word 'Description' is a faint delimitor. When
    > you pass your cursor over that delimitor, it changes from an arrow to a
    > black 'cross piece'.
    >
    > Depress and hold the L mouse button so that you can slide the crosspiece
    > to the right to make a wider column for the newsgroup names. Then
    > release the mousebutton.

    Yep. Found it Mike. Very many thanks. Probably don't need the 'Descriptions'
    feature now, as most are self explanatory.
    John Sullivan, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Many thanks to all respondents.
    John Sullivan, Oct 5, 2005