    not working properly. How can I provr or disprove this theory.

    Thanks
    MM

    mickey, Jul 22, 2010

  2. "mickey" <> wrote in message
    news:i2a49a$3s9$...

    > I am trying to setup a wireless network in my home. I have done this

    before
    > but this time I can not get anything working.
    > I have an xp desktop attached to a belkin wireless router. I also have a
    > vista laptop with in intel wireless nic.
    > I have setup the router and can attach to that network but niether

    computer
    > can see the other. Each can ping itself and the router but not each other.
    > I have turned all firewalls off (temporaily) and the results is the same.

    > friend said that he thought that vista's file nad printer sharing service

    is
    > not working properly. How can I provr or disprove this theory.

    You need to check more systematic list of items to check
    (e.g. folder sharing) and in which order.
    http://www.ezlan.net/ will probably be helpful. Vista and
    XP use different networking setup methods, I think, so you may need
    first to select one and then make the other conform.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, Jul 23, 2010

  3. mickey

    mickey Guest

    I have followed all these steps and more but to no avail. As I said, the
    connection to the network succeds but neither computer can see the other.
    Mickey

    mickey, Jul 23, 2010