    received a weird email that I have been given an MCP ID#. What on earth is
    this all about? I didn't pass, so why am I getting this?

    Thanks so much.

    Kathy, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Kathy

    Pine Guest

    Hi Kathy,

     As long as you attempted one microsoft exam (fail or pass), you will get the MCP# and you are a MCP. You can put it down in your resume or whatever.

    HTH

    Pine

    Kathy wrote: I have been in the IT field for a couple of years, but just recently stepped
    into the rhelm of the "Microsoft Certified Professional".

    Unfortunately, I failed by a hair (it was so in my reach).  However, I

    Pine, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Rubbish, just because you sat the exam and failed does not mean you are an MCP and you cannot say so on your resume.

    --
    Mark Fugatt
    Exchange MVP

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 3, 2004
  4. Kathy

    You might want to call Microsoft and talk to them about it.

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 3, 2004
  5. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    I will definately contact them. Because I didn't feel I should receive the
    number if I failed it.

    And I certainly would not put it on my resume unless I have that shiney card
    in my wallet! :)

    Kathy, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Hi Kathy,
    When you registered for the exam, you were assigned a number. Now, any exam
    you take can be associated with that number. It does not mean you are an
    MCP, but does provide a way for your entire exam history to be connected.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jun 3, 2004
  7. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    Hi Andy,

    That is what I thought. I knew I was not made an "MCP". I don't deserve
    the status if I failed (at least I know that). Microsoft has a strange way
    of doing things. :)

    Will be retaking test again soon. This was first attempt ever. Wasn't as
    bad as I thought :).

    Thank you for your reply.

    Kathy

    Kathy, Jun 3, 2004
  8. Good luck next time Kathy.

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 3, 2004
  9. Kathy

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Kathy" <> wrote in message
    > I will definately contact them. Because I didn't feel I should receive

    the
    > number if I failed it.
    >
    > And I certainly would not put it on my resume unless I have that shiney

    card
    > in my wallet! :)

    Or the nifty lapel pin. I never got mine. *sniff*

    TechGeekPro, Jun 3, 2004
  10. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    I'm sorry you didn't get your pin :(

    You would think with all that money B.G. has he can fork out a little lapel
    pin.

    Kathy, Jun 4, 2004
  11. Kathy

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Thank you for your kind and sympathetic remarks. Yeah, after spending over
    $10k for school, vouchers, books, software, hardware, etc., you'd think that
    'ole Bill *could* dip into His (I capitalize out of respect for the
    almighty) billions and billions of dollars to fork over the oh, I don't
    know, maybe $1 to send me that cheap lapel pin.* I just haven't been the
    same ever since.

    *Hey, at least I have my *cool* wallet ID card!

    TechGeekPro, Jun 4, 2004
  12. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress!

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jun 4, 2004
  13. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    Yeah, you would think that Bill Almighty would be able to get some of his
    pocket change to help out us fellow geeks who have only to aspired to be
    more like him (or maybe have his bank account......and house........and
    cars.......and boats.......and .......and......... he can keep the wife)

    Kathy, Jun 6, 2004