Gemtek WL-316H - Looking for drivers

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by TBerk, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. TBerk

    TBerk Guest

    It is becoming a real search to find out if there _are_ any drivers
    out there for this 11.b pccard device.

    Here is what info I have been able to gather so far...

    Gemtek WL-316H/E оƬPrism 2.5
    Gemtek/Sparklan WL-316H/E

    100mW µÄ¹¦ÂÊ

    PC Card 802.11b mit Prism 2.5 Chipsatz, 100mW und 2 MMCX Anschl¨¹ssen

    Manufacturer: SparkLan /Gemtek
    Interface: PCMCIA PC Card PRISM 2.5
    Connector: MMCX
    Frequency range: 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz
    Number of channels: 13
    Voltage: 3.3V+5% or 5V+5%
    Data transfer: 1M, 2M, 5.5M or 11Mbps
    Modulation: 1M: DBPSK, 2M: DQPSK, 5.5M, 11M: CCK
    Spreading: DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
    Output power: 20 dBm
    Reception sensitivity: min. -94 dBm at 1 Mbps
    Encryption: 64/128 bits
    WEP Encryption Standards: IEEE 802.11b
    Media Access Protocol: CSMA/CA with ACK
    Roaming: full mobility and roaming from cell to cell and across
    access points
    Warranty: 1 year
    Temperature range: 0 - 50¡ãC (operating)
    Humidity of surroundings: max. 95% (non-condensing)
    ==============

    SparkLan/Gemtek's web site(s) have been less than helpful.

    Anyone with a lead?

    Thx in advance,
    TBerk

    TBerk, Apr 7, 2008

  2. TBerk

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Prims was bought out several times, but the product has been
    obsolete for several years as there is no longer any support
    anywhere for newer drivers for this discontinued wireless chipset.
    You should really replace the card.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Apr 7, 2008

  3. TBerk

    TBerk Guest

    On Apr 7, 1:30 am, Barb Bowman <> wrote:
    > Prims was bought out several times, but the product has been
    > obsolete for several years as there is no longer any support
    > anywhere for newer drivers for this discontinued wireless chipset.
    > You should really replace the card.
    >
    > On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:43:43 -0700 (PDT),TBerk
    >

    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >It is becoming a real search to find out if there _are_ any drivers
    > >out there for this 11.b pccard device.

    > >Here is what info I have been able to gather so far...

    > >Gemtek WL-316H/E ????Prism 2.5
    > >Gemtek/Sparklan WL-316H/E

    > >100mW ??????

    > >PC Card 802.11b mit Prism 2.5 Chipsatz, 100mW und 2 MMCX Anschl??ssen

    > >Manufacturer:  SparkLan /Gemtek
    > >Interface:  PCMCIA PC Card PRISM 2.5
    > >Connector:  MMCX
    > >Frequency range:  2.400 - 2.4835 GHz
    > >Number of channels:  13
    > >Voltage:  3.3V+5% or 5V+5%
    > >Data transfer:  1M, 2M, 5.5M or 11Mbps
    > >Modulation:  1M: DBPSK, 2M: DQPSK, 5.5M, 11M: CCK
    > >Spreading:  DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
    > >Output power:  20 dBm
    > >Reception sensitivity:  min. -94 dBm at 1 Mbps
    > >Encryption:  64/128 bits
    > >WEP Encryption Standards:  IEEE 802.11b
    > >Media Access Protocol:  CSMA/CA with ACK
    > >Roaming:  full mobility and roaming from cell to cell and across
    > >access points
    > >Warranty:  1 year
    > >Temperature range:  0 - 50??C (operating)
    > >Humidity of surroundings:  max. 95% (non-condensing)
    > >==============

    > >SparkLan/Gemtek's web site(s) have been less than helpful.

    > >Anyone with a lead?

    > >Thx in advance,
    > >TBerk

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman

    Yeah, it was $5 so I took a chance.

    Thx for the info. (Besides the LAN I'll be using the laptop on is
    running 11.g anyway.)

    TBerk

    TBerk, Apr 7, 2008