    Geforce 2 series?

    -------------
    Scott D.
    Scott Dunaway, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Scott Dunaway

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Scott Dunaway <> wrote in
    news::

    > Does anyone know if this card is any good? I'm thinking of buying one
    > for my parents computer, for gaming mainly. How does it compare to the
    > Geforce 2 series?

    Slightly faster than a GF2, it's really not a great card for the money. If
    you are interested in any type of new games (HL2, Doom3, etc), you will
    want to get a newer nVidia 5xxx series of card or an ATI 9600 or better.
    What price range are you looking in so I can make a recommendation for you?
    Jim Berwick, Dec 5, 2004

  3. Scott Dunaway

    Kyote Guest

    >What price range are you looking in so I can make a recommendation for you?

    Well, the GeForce MX 4000 is only $9.99 after the mail in rebate at
    Tigerdirect.com. I figured it was worth it. I mean I paid $89.99 for
    mine from Circuit city over a year ago for a GeForce2 MX and I've
    been pleased with it. I really wasn't planning on getting my folks a
    graphics card until I went to tigerdirect. Do you know if the 4000 is
    better than the GeForce2 MX ?

    -------------
    Scott D.
    Kyote, Dec 5, 2004
  4. Scott Dunaway

    mcp6453 Guest

    Jim Berwick wrote:

    > Slightly faster than a GF2, it's really not a great card for the money. If
    > you are interested in any type of new games (HL2, Doom3, etc), you will
    > want to get a newer nVidia 5xxx series of card or an ATI 9600 or better.
    > What price range are you looking in so I can make a recommendation for you?

    I'd be interested in your recommendation for <$200 street price.
    mcp6453, Dec 5, 2004
  5. Scott Dunaway

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Kyote <> wrote in

    > Well, the GeForce MX 4000 is only $9.99 after the mail in rebate at
    > Tigerdirect.com. I figured it was worth it. I mean I paid $89.99 for
    > mine from Circuit city over a year ago for a GeForce2 MX and I've
    > been pleased with it. I really wasn't planning on getting my folks a
    > graphics card until I went to tigerdirect. Do you know if the 4000 is
    > better than the GeForce2 MX ?

    Definitely better than the GF2MX, and well worth $10. I thought you were
    getting a $50 card, in which case the GF4MX is trash. For $10, great deal
    Jim Berwick, Dec 5, 2004
  6. Scott Dunaway

    Jim Berwick Guest

    mcp6453 <> wrote in news::

    > I'd be interested in your recommendation for <$200 street price.

    If you look hard enough, you should be able to get a Radeon 9800 Pro in
    that range. Assuming "Street price" means "shop online at a store like
    newegg.com". If you literally mean walking into a retail store, I have /no
    idea/ how much they charge for stuff.
    Jim Berwick, Dec 5, 2004