    Is there a difference in picture quality?

    --
    Kenny Cargill
    Kenny, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Kenny

    FML Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > Club Geforce 6600 on Gigabyte nForce 3/250 m/b.
    > XP Pro/SP2.
    > Looking at TFT monitors but how do I know if this card supports widescreen
    > display?
    > Have looked in manual on the driver CD, also on Club and nVidia sites but
    > can't find widescreen.
    > Also should I buy one with DVI, VGA, or both inputs?
    > Is there a difference in picture quality?

    Check the resolutions supported by the video card drivers. Look for
    widescreen resolution like 1280 x 800 or 1440 x 900 or 1680 x 1050. The
    latest nVidia drivers (v91.47) support all these and more.

    DVI is typically a better picture than analog.
    FML, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Kenny

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:53:59 +0100, Kenny wrote:

    >Club Geforce 6600 on Gigabyte nForce 3/250 m/b.
    >XP Pro/SP2.
    >Looking at TFT monitors but how do I know if this card supports widescreen
    >display?
    >Have looked in manual on the driver CD, also on Club and nVidia sites but
    >can't find widescreen.

    Like this?
    www.google.com Results 1 - 10 of about 10,200,000 for Geforce 6600.

    PerformanceSupercharge your gaming with the power of an NVIDIA GeForce
    6600 GPU. The NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GPUs deliver best-in-class performance
    and advanced visual ...
    www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6600.html - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

    Tech Specs
    Technical specifications of the GeForce 6 Series of GPUs.

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce6_techspecs.html

    (wide screen seems to be 1920 and over, another google search)

    Advanced Display Functionality
    Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for display resolutions up to and
    including 2048x1536 at 85hz

    >Also should I buy one with DVI, VGA, or both inputs?

    Both, comes in handy.

    >Is there a difference in picture quality?

    For me there is, Yes.

    Me
    why?, Sep 22, 2006
  4. Kenny