GeForce 4 graphic card

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Merlin, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    Current system status: getting old

    OP System
    Win98 SE

    Motherboard
    1st Mainboard SD11 (circa 1999), 1 AGP slot, AMD Athlon 750, 384 meg SDRAM

    Current graphics card NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64

    TIA for input
    I have recently been gifted, by a loving son, a GeForce 4 4400 TI graphics
    card
    My questions are these:
    Will this graphic card work with my motherboard, main thing?
    Will this graphic card work with my resources?
    Will I get any advantage by changing?

    Merlin

    Merlin, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Merlin

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Merlin continued:

    > Current system status: getting old
    >
    > OP System
    > Win98 SE
    >
    > Motherboard
    > 1st Mainboard SD11 (circa 1999), 1 AGP slot, AMD Athlon 750, 384 meg
    > SDRAM
    >
    > Current graphics card NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
    >
    > TIA for input
    > I have recently been gifted, by a loving son, a GeForce 4 4400 TI
    > graphics card
    > My questions are these:
    > Will this graphic card work with my motherboard, main thing?
    > Will this graphic card work with my resources?
    > Will I get any advantage by changing?
    >
    > Merlin

    Yes.
    Yes. (maybe top up to 512mb Ram)
    By God, yes.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Merlin

    Mike0000 Guest

    Yes, but unless you're into 3D gaming you wont notice much. If you are you
    will be able to get much better graphics but the processor might be a
    bottleneck in some of the more resource intensive games. The AGP slot will
    handle the geforce card and you can get the newest drivers from Nvidia's
    site.

    --
    Mike

    Block web ads