    He (she?) was peeking from behind our porch light. Everybody who lives
    here has a number of these guys that live with them.

    Scott
    Scott W, Jul 28, 2006

  2. "Scott W" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > These guys are considered good luck in Hawaii, on the main land
    > they seem to just sell car insurance.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/64194155/original
    > He (she?) was peeking from behind our porch light. Everybody
    > who lives here has a number of these guys that live with them.

    Very nice.

    --
    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 28, 2006

  3. Scott W

    J. Clarke Guest

    Scott W wrote:

    > These guys are considered good luck in Hawaii, on the main land they
    > seem to just sell car insurance.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/64194155/original
    > He (she?) was peeking from behind our porch light. Everybody who lives
    > here has a number of these guys that live with them.

    I have to say that that gecko is far more appealing than the insurance
    huckster.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Jul 28, 2006
  4. Eric Schreiber, Jul 28, 2006
  5. Scott W

    Paul Bartram Guest

    "Scott W" <> wrote
    > These guys are considered good luck in Hawaii, on the main land they
    > seem to just sell car insurance.
    > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/64194155/original
    > He (she?) was peeking from behind our porch light. Everybody who lives
    > here has a number of these guys that live with them.

    The most amazing thing I ever saw when I lived in the Queensland bush was a
    gecko which shed its tail (they can do that if needed to escape from a
    predator - they grow another one.) The tail sat there on my tank stand for
    about half an hour, twitching away! I got it on video, truly gross!

    Paul
    Paul Bartram, Jul 29, 2006
  6. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    Paul Bartram wrote:
    > "Scott W" <> wrote
    > > These guys are considered good luck in Hawaii, on the main land they
    > > seem to just sell car insurance.
    > > http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/64194155/original
    > > He (she?) was peeking from behind our porch light. Everybody who lives
    > > here has a number of these guys that live with them.

    > The most amazing thing I ever saw when I lived in the Queensland bush was a
    > gecko which shed its tail (they can do that if needed to escape from a
    > predator - they grow another one.) The tail sat there on my tank stand for
    > about half an hour, twitching away! I got it on video, truly gross!

    Yeah they do that all the time, drop their tails. It make it hard when
    catching them inside the house, have to be careful or there will be a
    twitching tail to deal with.

    The tail grows back but it takes a while, they look really dumb in the
    meantime.

    Scott
    Scott W, Jul 29, 2006