    anything! This is crazy. Anyone know what could be causing this?
    I've bought other DVDs and it's not done that with any of them.
    Appreciate any help. Tx.

    Traveller, May 19, 2005

  2. Traveller

    Traveller Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:45:27 -0400, Traveller
    <> wrote:

    >After wanting to buy a boxed set for so long, with my first pay cheque
    >today was able to buy a Stargate season 6 set. But each ep I've tried
    >to play, I'll press "play episode; then Clarence the Lion roars and
    >after that the DVD skips ahead to about 8 or 9 minutes into the
    >episode though I didn't push any button for the machine to do so, or
    >anything! This is crazy. Anyone know what could be causing this?
    >I've bought other DVDs and it's not done that with any of them.
    >Appreciate any help. Tx.

    Turns out it was the DVD player, I think. I just got a contract that
    pays good money (finally, at least for a while money will be okay), so
    I thought I'd test one of the discs in a store and if I could find a
    good deal, would replace the GE. I did find a good deal, for about
    $10 more than I bought the now-stupid GE one, I found a Philips that
    plays DivX and MPEG4! I brought it home and now even the one workout
    DVD I'd bought that looked horrible on the GE one, plays beautifully
    with the new one. Live and learn. I'd always had good vibes re GE
    products; no longer now. So if anyone is considering General Electric
    for DVD players, I'd advise not <g>. Cheers.

    Traveller, May 21, 2005