GBIC DOWN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Nadir Sahnoun, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I have some catalyst 2950 connected to catalyst 4006 via gbic interfaces.

    Some gbics interfaces on the 4006 seem not work. I can't see "red line" on
    the gbic interface !
    I can connect the 2950 catalyst on some gbic interface but not in other gbic
    !

    i do :
    - no shut of gbic interfaces
    - inverse fibre

    The gbic interface is always down (GigabitEthernet4/4 is up, line protocol
    is down).

    I experimented the same problem the last month on one gbic interface of the
    4006 used for 2950. It was be resolved the last friday juste by restarting
    (reboot/reload) the 4006 !!! So, i think that by reloading the 4006, the
    gbic interfaces ares activated with special command !!??

    To day, i have 6 new gbic interfaces on the 4006 and 6 new switches 2950 and
    only 3 gbic on the 4006 work fine. When i connect all the 2950 on the gbic
    which work (one by one), all 2950 are detected and all work fine but any
    work on the 3 other gbic interface, so it's not a probleme on the 2950. The
    problem is located on the 4006.

    And as i sayed, i can't see "RED Line" of fibre on the gbic of 4006 and this
    mean for me that IP DATA are not transmited to GBIC !!!

    Do you have some idea ?

    Sorry for my bad english !
    Thank You very much

    Best Regards
    NS

    Nadir Sahnoun, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Nadir Sahnoun

    Blaz Zupan Guest

    On 2004-08-30, Nadir Sahnoun <> wrote:
    > I experimented the same problem the last month on one gbic interface of the
    > 4006 used for 2950. It was be resolved the last friday juste by restarting
    > (reboot/reload) the 4006 !!! So, i think that by reloading the 4006, the
    > gbic interfaces ares activated with special command !!??

    Are your GBIC-es original Cisco GBIC-es? On some platforms Cisco has coded the
    GIBC-es so that only original Cisco GBIC-es work. If you don't use original
    Cisco GBIC, then try to configure "no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid" on
    the relevant port.

    Blaz Zupan, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Nadir Sahnoun

    noway Guest

    Hi all,

    Thank You very much Blaz for your response !!!

    Yes, i use Cisco GBIC Interface.

    I will try "no errdisable detect ... command". Thanks a lot !!!

    Best Regards
    NS

    noway, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Hi all,

    It's work now !!! i juste need to replug the GBIC interfaces !!!

    Thanks a lot for your help

    Best Regards
    @NS

    Nadir Sahnoun, Aug 31, 2004