    client d
    ip addr = 192.168.1.132/28
    default gateway 192.168.1.128
    geo, Nov 25, 2004

  2. geo

    catwalker63 Guest

    "geo" <> prattled ceaslessly in
    news:885201c4d2ae$bb6de360$:

    > How can I determine when a client computer is configured
    > with incorrect gateway? I am studying for the 70-291 exam.
    >
    > Example.
    > Client b
    > ip addr = 192.168.1.225/28
    > default gtway = 192.168.1.126
    > 192.168.1.126 = router interface
    >
    > (note: c d are in router interface 192.168.1.29/28)
    > Client c.
    > ip addr = 192.168.1.130
    > defualt gtway = 192.168.1.126
    >
    > client d
    > ip addr = 192.168.1.132/28
    > default gateway 192.168.1.128

    Learn how to subnet.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what you should be doing!"
    catwalker63, Nov 25, 2004

  3. geo

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    > Learn how to subnet.

    http://www.learntosubnet.com

    staggering isn't it.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams
    Neil, Nov 25, 2004
  4. geo

    Guest Guest

    I do understanding subnetting however it would be nice if
    i could be given a clue as to what I would consider more
    carefully. Sorry for my responds but I just trying to
    learn. Thanks.

    ability to
    >learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable

    for

    Guest, Nov 25, 2004
  5. geo

    Neil Guest

    did you hear <> say in news:8be401c4d347
    $d174d490$:

    > I do understanding subnetting however it would be nice if
    > i could be given a clue as to what I would consider more
    > carefully. Sorry for my responds but I just trying to
    > learn. Thanks.

    if you are ok with subnetting then it should be no problem knowing which
    hosts are in your sub-network. realizing this you must then have a router
    within your sub-network to connect to hosts outside your sub-network.

    example:
    if I have an address of 192.168.10.35 and my subnet mask is 255.255.255.248
    then you should know from the number of bits in the mask that every group
    of 8 is a new sub-network. the range here would go from 32 to 39, but 32 is
    the identifier of the network and 39 is the broadcast address, so the
    available hosts are from 33 to 38. I would need to have a router which I
    can broadcast for the mac address (ARP) within this range or I would not be
    able to communicate outside this range. my Router also can not be my
    address so I'm not down to 5 possible addresses that it can be. From giving
    you an address and a subnet mask you can tell a lot.

    While I would _STRONGLY_ recommend sitting down with a piece of paper and
    pencil and doing everythign from binary (only way to learn IP IMHO) you
    might also want to grab:
    http://www.wildpackets.com/products/ipsubnetcalculator
    But remember IP calcs will not be on the test - the Cisco, MS or real life
    one...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    -- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
    Neil, Nov 26, 2004
  6. geo

    JaR Guest

    > While I would _STRONGLY_ recommend sitting down with a piece of paper
    > and pencil and doing everythign from binary (only way to learn IP
    > IMHO) you might also want to grab:
    > http://www.wildpackets.com/products/ipsubnetcalculator
    > But remember IP calcs will not be on the test - the Cisco, MS or real
    > life one...

    Or just use the Windoze calculator. Which is available for the test.

    Although I can't remember any subnetting questions complicated enough to
    need it. YMMV.

    JaR
    Calculating Thug
    JaR, Nov 26, 2004
  7. geo

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > Although I can't remember any subnetting questions complicated enough

    > need it. YMMV.

    if you need the calc, you aren't ready for the exam...YMBetterNotV

    Neil, Nov 26, 2004
  8. geo

    JaR Guest

    > did you hear JaR <> say in
    >
    >> Although I can't remember any subnetting questions complicated enough

    >> need it. YMMV.

    > if you need the calc, you aren't ready for the exam...YMBetterNotV

    Heh. True.

    JaR
    JaR, Nov 26, 2004