    Any ideas about how to fix this?

    Thanks,
    xatapu

    Xatapu, Jul 3, 2007

  2. Xatapu

    ded Guest

    "Xatapu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, everyone. I just installed a new hard drive in my Gateway 2000
    > P5-100 (a PC-clone). After I put the cover back on the machine,
    > plugged it in, and turned it on, no image appeared on the monitor! I
    > have tried moving the video card around, but nothing seems to help.
    > Any ideas about how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > xatapu

    Is the PC even powering up?
    Have you installed the new hard drive correctly?
    (master/Slave, primary IDE, sata etc??)
    Did you check if you dislodged any other connections?

    ded, Jul 3, 2007

  3. Xatapu

    Plato Guest

    Xatapu wrote:

    > Hello, everyone. I just installed a new hard drive in my Gateway 2000
    > P5-100 (a PC-clone). After I put the cover back on the machine,
    > plugged it in, and turned it on, no image appeared on the monitor! I
    > have tried moving the video card around, but nothing seems to help.

    The video card may have lost its seat. Redseat it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 4, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    Xatapu <> wrote:

    > Hello, everyone. I just installed a new hard drive in my Gateway 2000
    > P5-100 (a PC-clone). After I put the cover back on the machine,
    > plugged it in, and turned it on, no image appeared on the monitor! I
    > have tried moving the video card around, but nothing seems to help.
    > Any ideas about how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > xatapu

    Did you disconnect the hard drive afterwards to see if you get video
    again?

    If that works, try the hard drive again, making sure that you're not
    connecting the data cable backwards.

    David Matthew Wood, Jul 6, 2007