    What can be wrong?
    Thx!
    JS

    Protagonist, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Protagonist

    Brian Guest

    Ususally hibernation is a problem with a startup or memory resident
    program. try removing all your startup programs add them back one at a time
    then go to hibernate until it locks after you add one, that would be your
    problem program. I have found it is usually antivirus trying to search a
    floppy drive while in hibernate or another program not supporting the
    hibernate feature
    It's best to cleanup your startup programs anyway, take off the ones you
    really don't need to have running in the background.
    If it ends up being your antivirus, check the AV website, it's usually a
    known issue and has a fix listed on their site

    "Protagonist" <> wrote in message
    I bought a Gateway GT5630E PC and it has hibernation problems a while now.
    It goes into sleep, but if it stay for a long time, it shots down so I have
    to turn it on again!
    But than just the fans blow loud and nothing comes up on the screen.
    I have to turn the PC off again and unplug the unit for a 15 second, turn
    it on again!
    Than it starts up.
    I upgraded the memory to 2 gig and loaded a new driver while back with
    Windows6.0-KB929637-v2-x86.msu, which fixed the Nvidia driver problem .
    Wonder if this driver causes the hibernation hang up?
    I went back to my old memory chip 1 gig, same thing.
    What can be wrong?
    Thx!
    JS

    Brian, Mar 2, 2008