Gates loses his crown to a Mexican

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by GreenieLeBrun, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. GreenieLeBrun, Jul 4, 2007

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 4, 2007

  3. On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:07:51 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >GreenieLeBrun wrote:
    >> http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/04/1969120.htm?section=justin
    >>
    >> I guess this means that there will be a price rise across the Microsoft
    >> range of products.

    >Yeah, but that was in pesos.

    Gates is giving away his money as fast as he can, otherwise, he would
    probably still be the top dog.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 4, 2007
  4. GreenieLeBrun

    Vanguard Guest

    "GreenieLeBrun" wrote in message
    > http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/04/1969120.htm?section=justin
    >
    > I guess this means that there will be a price rise across the
    > Microsoft range of products.

    Pretty easy to pass someone on the street that has their brakes on. If
    Bill wasn't giving so much money away (see
    http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm) then he would probably be
    number one, but that depends on how you measure being number one. As
    typical of low-grade entry-level journalists, this blurb of an article
    gives no mention regarding the charities to which Helu donates, if any.

    Helu is richer by $9 billion than Gates because of a fluctuation in
    share price in America Movil. I have to wonder over what period Forbes
    averages the incomes since obviously there would be daily changes if
    fortunes were measure by dynamic and daily stock prices. We'd have a
    richest-of-the-day alert.

    "The Gateses have long said they intend to give much of their fortune,
    pegged at $51 billion by Forbes magazine, to the foundation, and Mr.
    Gates is ceding day-to-day control of Microsoft to devote himself to
    foundation work.", http://tinyurl.com/odcqo. No, Bill ain't no saint
    (although maybe he's trying to buy his way there), but exceeding Bill's
    $56B by $9B without knowing how much is coming in to sustain it and how
    much of a drain (charity stuff) is on it doesn't really tell you how
    rich they are. After all, with a few billion here and a several billion
    there, would you really miss a couple billion? ):-O

    So I suppose now some of the richman bashing of Gates will migrate to
    Helu.

    Vanguard, Jul 4, 2007
  5. GreenieLeBrun

    ClueLess Guest

    On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:48:56 -0500, "Vanguard" <> wrote:

    >So I suppose now some of the richman bashing of Gates will migrate to
    >Helu.

    IMHO Gates bashing is not just because he is rich

    ClueLess

    ClueLess, Jul 7, 2007