Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daniel, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Yes, but the only thing he is really concerned about I am sure is his bank
    account.....Now if that "crashed" ... watch those tears roll out then :)

    Dan

    Daniel, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Daniel

    samuel Guest

    "Dairy Queen" <> wrote in

    > Anyone else hear about Gates in Vegas, unveiling his new
    > system and it crashed... only to go on to unveil his new game
    > and it crashed too?
    >
    > Lets hear it for Bill.

    that happened before IIRC
    i think it's funny he can't patch the holes in his os
    so he buys an anti virus company

    samuel, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Daniel

    Dairy Queen Guest

    Dairy Queen, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Daniel

    John Holmes Guest

    samuel came up with this:

    > "Dairy Queen" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Anyone else hear about Gates in Vegas, unveiling his new
    >> system and it crashed... only to go on to unveil his new game
    >> and it crashed too?
    >>
    >> Lets hear it for Bill.

    > that happened before IIRC
    > i think it's funny he can't patch the holes in his os
    > so he buys an anti virus company

    LOL

    --
    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Daniel

    Conor Guest

    In article <crpc5k$2tf$>, Dairy Queen says...
    > Anyone else hear about Gates in Vegas, unveiling his new system and it
    > crashed... only to go on to unveil his new game and it crashed too?
    >
    > Lets hear it for Bill.

    Summary
    Wednesday night, Bill Gates hosted the 2005 CES Opening Keynote along
    with his surprise guest, Late Night?s Conan O?Brien. Overall I think
    things went well, but as can happen with live events with so many
    variables, there were a couple of technical issues noted by sites like
    Engadget. The key thing for me that I could have done a better job on-
    stage pointing out is that despitea small glitch with a remotecontrol
    (IR) receiver, a single Media Center ran all theMedia Center demos
    andwe kept rolling despitethe hiccup. According to the postmortem, it
    appears a 2nd IR receiverrun over to Bill's seat failed, so the Media
    Center never got the signal. It could have been all the IR interference
    in the venue- cameras and plasma displays and lights, or the powered
    USB booster - a piece of equipment that gets a USB signal over a long-
    stretch.
    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

    Conor, Jan 8, 2005
  6. Daniel

    Bill Guest

    Yeah, what a loser Bill Gates is! Everyone here that has done better than he
    has ought to just pile on now. We all have much more computer knowledge,
    vision, and balls than him, right?

    Bill, Jan 9, 2005
  7. Daniel

    Slacker Guest

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:06:58 -0500, Bill <> wrote:

    > Yeah, what a loser Bill Gates is! Everyone here that has done better
    > than he
    > has ought to just pile on now. We all have much more computer knowledge,
    > vision, and balls than him, right?

    Yep, that's certainly what comes to my mind every time I think of
    Mr.Gates, which is daily... someone with big balls!
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/gallery/execs/web/gates-2.jpg

    --
    Slacker

    Slacker, Jan 9, 2005
  8. Daniel

    Plato Guest

    Dairy Queen wrote:

    > Anyone else hear about Gates in Vegas, unveiling his new system and it
    > crashed... only to go on to unveil his new game and it crashed too?

    It's called a publicity stunt. It get people to talk about it...

    Plato, Jan 9, 2005
  9. Daniel

    gb Guest

    Who's we?