    ago
    she had it completely restored. When I see it I still have pangs of
    remorse.

    GeneralTso, Sep 5, 2005

  2. GeneralTso

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-05, GeneralTso <> wrote:
    > There has been much reminiscing in this group lately about gas that has
    > evolved into
    > what autos we owned in tears past. I'm old now (80) but in my younger years
    > I was
    > into MG Midgets, Fiat X-19s and Sunbeams, both the Alpine and Tiger, until
    > my wife
    > made me quit. The Tiger was a real tiger all right but the most enjoyable
    > was the
    > Alpine. I wish I had them all back (including my youth) but that is all
    > past. I
    > truly believe that the Alpine was the cheapest and best sports car ever
    > made. With
    > that 4 cylinder engine I could still out run almost every thing on the road
    > back then.
    > Back in 1970 I gave the last Midget I owned to my daughter-in-law. 3 years
    > ago
    > she had it completely restored. When I see it I still have pangs of
    > remorse.

    I'm glad it's still in good hands :))

    I have long had a yen for an MG TC. Red, of course. (Among other things).
    A schoolmaster who once taught me had a splendidly battered Alvis, as well
    as a very rough old MG TC - no ragtop and no floorboards!

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 5, 2005

  3. GeneralTso wrote:
    > There has been much reminiscing in this group lately about gas that has
    > evolved into
    > what autos we owned in tears past. I'm old now (80) but in my younger years
    > I was
    > into MG Midgets, Fiat X-19s and Sunbeams, both the Alpine and Tiger, until

    I had a MkII Sprite -- same thing, different badge (the early ones,
    anyway).

    > my wife
    > made me quit. The Tiger was a real tiger all right but the most enjoyable

    Ford 260/289, right?

    > Back in 1970 I gave the last Midget I owned to my daughter-in-law. 3 years
    > ago
    > she had it completely restored. When I see it I still have pangs of
    > remorse.

    I'll bet. On the other hand, it's neat that it's been restored and
    still lives.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2005