GARY FONG KEEPS THEM HANGIN !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Sep 27, 2007.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Annika1980

    uw wayne Guest

    On Sep 26, 9:42 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Well sports fans, an old friend returned tonight so it was time to do
    > some portrait shooting with the Fantastic 40D. Of course the Gary
    > Fong Lightsphere helped soften the shadows even though the flash was
    > on-camera.

    > Don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. Get the real thing.http://store.garyfonginc.com/lightsphere.html

    Bret, a non tech question. In a normal, average week how many hours do
    you invest in your photography (scouting for subjects, set up, the
    shoot, and post processing)? Thanks, UW.

    uw wayne, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Sep 26, 10:42 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Well sports fans, an old friend returned tonight so it was time to do
    > some portrait shooting with the Fantastic 40D. Of course the Gary
    > Fong Lightsphere helped soften the shadows even though the flash was
    > on-camera.

    > Don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. Get the real thing.http://store.garyfonginc.com/lightsphere.html

    Perfect lighting! Outstanding composition. Razor sharp. Bret...you
    rule!!
    I agree, don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. For the few
    bucks that you paid for this little gem, it's the kind of gift that
    paid for itself long time ago, and it's still giving.
    Helen

    , Sep 27, 2007
  4. Annika1980

    D-Mac Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sep 26, 10:42 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >> Well sports fans, an old friend returned tonight so it was time to do
    >> some portrait shooting with the Fantastic 40D. Of course the Gary
    >> Fong Lightsphere helped soften the shadows even though the flash was
    >> on-camera.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86272477/original
    >>
    >> Don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. Get the real
    >> thing.http://store.garyfonginc.com/lightsphere.html

    > Perfect lighting! Outstanding composition. Razor sharp. Bret...you
    > rule!!
    > I agree, don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. For the few
    > bucks that you paid for this little gem, it's the kind of gift that
    > paid for itself long time ago, and it's still giving.
    > Helen

    Well now we know...
    Helen is blinded by love.
    Don't worry Helen. This will help you when it comes to praising the average
    (very average) pictures he's going to be posting from the given box.... LOL!

    Doug

    D-Mac, Sep 27, 2007
  5. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Sep 27, 2:45 pm, uw wayne <> wrote:

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86272477/original

    Actually, it has crap contrast and saturation.
    Would that be the 40d or the fong plastic cup?
    Who knows, the darn thing is so manipulated
    in PS anyway, it'd be a wild guess...

    > Bret, a non tech question. In a normal, average week how many hours do
    > you invest in your photography (scouting for subjects, set up, the
    > shoot, and post processing)? Thanks, UW.

    Hehehe! Don't expect a reply
    with the truth...

    Noons, Sep 27, 2007
  6. Annika1980

    Mr.T Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > Well sports fans, an old friend returned tonight so it was time to do
    > some portrait shooting with the Fantastic 40D. Of course the Gary
    > Fong Lightsphere helped soften the shadows even though the flash was
    > on-camera.

    > Don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. Get the real thing.

    Why, have you compared photo's taken with both?
    I'll bet the difference is marginal if any.
    I'd rather put the money into a new lens, but each to their own choices.

    BTW, how much commission do you get on sales? :)

    MrT.

    Mr.T, Sep 27, 2007
  7. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Sep 27, 2:07 am, "D-Mac" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > On Sep 26, 10:42 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > >> Well sports fans, an old friend returned tonight so it was time to do
    > >> some portrait shooting with the Fantastic 40D. Of course the Gary
    > >> Fong Lightsphere helped soften the shadows even though the flash was
    > >> on-camera.

    > >>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86272477/original

    > >> Don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. Get the real
    > >> thing.http://store.garyfonginc.com/lightsphere.html

    > > Perfect lighting! Outstanding composition. Razor sharp. Bret...you
    > > rule!!
    > > I agree, don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. For the few
    > > bucks that you paid for this little gem, it's the kind of gift that
    > > paid for itself long time ago, and it's still giving.
    > > Helen

    > Well now we know...
    > Helen is blinded by love.
    > Don't worry Helen. This will help you when it comes to praising the average
    > (very average) pictures he's going to be posting from the given box.... LOL!
    >
    > Doug- Hide quoted text -

    Doug,
    Calling his pictures "average" is like calling Ansel Adams a
    snapshot shooter. So what if Ms Helen did give Bret a gift of a new
    camera? Bending your nose out of joint because no one else would give
    you...anything? Come on old man, grow up some. You have produced some
    very nice images and should be proud of what you are doing. Trying to
    degrade Ms Helen and Bret with your taunts and slights will not be
    seen as anything but sour grapes. It only lowers how others see you
    and your work.
    If you want to be regarded as a whinner and hack photographer, then
    continue with the attacks against people. People who have been polite,
    to a point, and helpful to those who have asked for the help.

    Just my two cents Doug. That's all.

    Oh ya. HEY NOONS, I'm cross posting in Dougs reply because he cross
    posted in the first place. Now how about them apples? Moron.

    Draco

    Enjoy today. For tomorrow is promised to no one.

    Draco, Sep 27, 2007
  8. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Sep 27, 2:13 am, Noons <> wrote:
    > On Sep 27, 2:45 pm, uw wayne <> wrote:
    >

    > > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86272477/original

    > Actually, it has crap contrast and saturation.
    > Would that be the 40d or the fong plastic cup?
    > Who knows, the darn thing is so manipulated
    > in PS anyway, it'd be a wild guess...
    >
    > > Bret, a non tech question. In a normal, average week how many hours do
    > > you invest in your photography (scouting for subjects, set up, the
    > > shoot, and post processing)? Thanks, UW.

    > Hehehe! Don't expect a reply
    > with the truth...

    Crap Contrast? Crap saturation? You had better check your moniter,
    joey. Your wild guess is just that. A freaking wild mule guess.
    Besides, you don't believe what any one tells you any way. Even when
    they rub you short nose in it.

    AND YES, I am "Cross-posting" in this reply. You freak.

    Draco

    Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

    Draco, Sep 27, 2007
  9. Draco wrote:
    > On Sep 27, 2:07 am, "D-Mac" <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> Perfect lighting! Outstanding composition. Razor sharp. Bret...you
    >>> rule!!
    >>> I agree, don't settle for those cheap Chinese knockoffs. For the few
    >>> bucks that you paid for this little gem, it's the kind of gift that
    >>> paid for itself long time ago, and it's still giving.
    >>> Helen

    >> Well now we know...
    >> Helen is blinded by love.
    >> Don't worry Helen. This will help you when it comes to praising the average
    >> (very average) pictures he's going to be posting from the given box.... LOL!
    >>
    >> Doug- Hide quoted text -

    > Doug,
    > Calling his pictures "average" is like calling Ansel Adams a
    > snapshot shooter. So what if Ms Helen did give Bret a gift of a new
    > camera? Bending your nose out of joint because no one else would give
    > you...anything? Come on old man, grow up some. You have produced some
    > very nice images and should be proud of what you are doing. Trying to
    > degrade Ms Helen and Bret with your taunts and slights will not be
    > seen as anything but sour grapes. It only lowers how others see you
    > and your work.
    > If you want to be regarded as a whinner and hack photographer, then
    > continue with the attacks against people. People who have been polite,
    > to a point, and helpful to those who have asked for the help.
    >
    > Just my two cents Doug. That's all.

    Be careful what you say, a reply like this will be reported to the AFP
    group to stop online bullying amongst school children. Do you know Doug
    emailed them and said he was actually a YR 7 photography student.

    > Oh ya. HEY NOONS, I'm cross posting in Dougs reply because he cross
    > posted in the first place. Now how about them apples? Moron.

    I find it interesting they 'both' made negative comments on this photo,
    my socks have "BONDS" on the label it looks like Doug's sock has
    "NOONS" on it.

    Harold Hughes - Activity Director, Sep 27, 2007
  10. Draco wrote:

    >> Actually, it has crap contrast and saturation.
    >> Would that be the 40d or the fong plastic cup?
    >> Who knows, the darn thing is so manipulated
    >> in PS anyway, it'd be a wild guess...
    >>
    >>> Bret, a non tech question. In a normal, average week how many hours do
    >>> you invest in your photography (scouting for subjects, set up, the
    >>> shoot, and post processing)? Thanks, UW.

    >> Hehehe! Don't expect a reply
    >> with the truth...

    > Crap Contrast? Crap saturation? You had better check your moniter,
    > joey. Your wild guess is just that. A freaking wild mule guess.

    Noons is a fuckwit and his comment proves it, this is a great shot.

    > Besides, you don't believe what any one tells you any way. Even when
    > they rub you short nose in it.
    >
    > AND YES, I am "Cross-posting" in this reply. You freak.
    >
    > Draco
    >

    > Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

    Draco, Noons is a sockpuppet of D-Mac after Julian 'passed away'

    Harold Hughes - Activity Director, Sep 27, 2007
  11. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Sep 27, 9:36 am, Harold Hughes - Activity Director <>
    wrote:
    > Draco wrote:

    > >> Actually, it has crap contrast and saturation.
    > >> Would that be the 40d or the fong plastic cup?
    > >> Who knows, the darn thing is so manipulated
    > >> in PS anyway, it'd be a wild guess...

    > >> Hehehe! Don't expect a reply
    > >> with the truth...

    > > Crap Contrast? Crap saturation? You had better check your moniter,
    > > joey. Your wild guess is just that. A freaking wild mule guess.

    > Noons is a fuckwit and his comment proves it, this is a great shot.
    >
    > > Besides, you don't believe what any one tells you any way. Even when
    > > they rub you short nose in it.

    > > AND YES, I am "Cross-posting" in this reply. You freak.

    > > Draco

    > > Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

    > Draco, Noons is a sockpuppet of D-Mac after Julian 'passed away'- Hide quoted text -

    Morning Harold,
    I figure that was the case. Not that I'm overtly concerned.

    Draco

    Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

    , Sep 27, 2007
  12. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Sep 27, 11:18 pm, Draco <> wrote:

    > Crap Contrast? Crap saturation? You had better check your moniter,
    > joey. Your wild guess is just that. A freaking wild mule guess.

    No, Dr. It's what is there for everyone to see. Of course:
    for those with eyes open. Not for those with eyes full
    of Brett's shit, from rubbing their faces against his butt
    all the time.

    And while you are looking again, either that
    is one microscopic spider taken at a distance of
    a foot or the aperture indicated in the exif is wrong:
    f16 won't give you that depth of field at that
    mag.

    Try it for yourself, instead of believing
    everything you read.

    > Besides, you don't believe what any one tells you any way.

    On the Usenet? You got that right. Plenty
    of "Brett examples" out there...

    > Even when
    > they rub you short nose in it.

    I'd love to see anyone try that....

    > AND YES, I am "Cross-posting" in this reply. You freak.

    Well, at least it's on-topic.
    Instead of another pimp tirade....

    > Enjoy today. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

    At last, something sensible.

    Noons, Sep 27, 2007
  13. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Sep 27, 11:36 pm, Harold Hughes - Activity Director <>
    wrote:

    > Draco, Noons is a sockpuppet of D-Mac after Julian 'passed away'

    dude, you soooo haven't got a clue...

    Noons, Sep 27, 2007
  14. Noons wrote:
    > On Sep 27, 11:18 pm, Draco <> wrote:
    >

    >> Crap Contrast? Crap saturation? You had better check your moniter,
    >> joey. Your wild guess is just that. A freaking wild mule guess.

    > No, Dr. It's what is there for everyone to see. Of course:
    > for those with eyes open. Not for those with eyes full
    > of Brett's shit, from rubbing their faces against his butt
    > all the time.
    >
    > And while you are looking again, either that
    > is one microscopic spider taken at a distance of
    > a foot or the aperture indicated in the exif is wrong:
    > f16 won't give you that depth of field at that
    > mag.

    Show us something similar you have on this type of object

    > Try it for yourself, instead of believing
    > everything you read.
    >

    >> Besides, you don't believe what any one tells you any way.

    > On the Usenet? You got that right. Plenty
    > of "Brett examples" out there...

    At least Bret gives us good clear examples of perfect images Doug oops
    I mean Noons.

    >> Even when
    >> they rub you short nose in it.

    > I'd love to see anyone try that....
    >

    >> AND YES, I am "Cross-posting" in this reply. You freak.

    > Well, at least it's on-topic.
    > Instead of another pimp tirade....

    Like you do Doug oops I mean Noons

    Harold Hughes - Activity Director, Sep 27, 2007
  15. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Sep 27, 11:11 pm, Draco <> wrote:

    > Calling his pictures "average" is like calling Ansel Adams a
    > snapshot shooter.

    You know, I don't know what is more ridiculous:
    the obvious fake adulation of you pbase morons
    or the obvious PS-manipulated crap that Brett
    keeps passing as "40d photos".

    > So what if Ms Helen did give Bret a gift of a new
    > camera?

    So WTF indeed has that got to do with
    Australian photography?
    Ah yes: NOTHING AT ALL.

    Then you act "surprised" and "shocked" when that
    is rubbed on your face?
    Well, there is a lot more "shock" coming
    your way, that's for sure...

    > Bending your nose out of joint because no one else would give
    > you...anything?

    How do you know that, moron? You live together
    with Dougie-boy now?

    > Trying to
    > degrade Ms Helen and Bret with your taunts and slights will not be
    > seen as anything but sour grapes.

    Well, here is an idea:
    I shall stop doing that as soon as "Helen" and Brett
    stop taunting, slighting and deridng everyone in
    sight but their little pbase club.

    How's that for size? Ah yes, that's right: fairness and
    equal rights for everyone is something your sorry
    arsed social life is not well known for, isn't it?

    Well, don't complain then: your choice...

    > It only lowers how others see you
    > and your work.

    Has it occurred to you that no one gives a shit
    about the imaginary "others" you keep talking about?

    Some "others" indeed! As if...
    Last time I looked there was only your pack of
    sorry-arsed, pbase butt-kissers left: everyone else
    pissed off to flickr ages ago, totally fed-up with
    the bad smell you lot propagate.

    > If you want to be regarded as a whinner and hack photographer, then
    > continue with the attacks against people. People who have been polite,
    > to a point, and helpful to those who have asked for the help.

    Well I don't know, Draco. But where I come from,
    "suck me dry" and "blow me" and other niceties from
    Brett y sus muchachos are NOT "polite" utterings.

    It might be what you are used to doing, but it certainly
    is not polite over here. And in any other society other
    than the circle of sub-humans Brett girates with, it's
    also considered a grave insult. So, you can shove your
    "polite" bullshit precisely where you usually place your
    mouth.

    There, is that "polite" enough for you?
    Ah yes: don't even try to post this one as a
    "complaint": you might threaten someone's
    life with the excess laughter you will cause.

    > Just my two cents Doug. That's all.

    with luck, that will be enough for another
    Gary Fong plastic cup.

    > Oh ya. HEY NOONS, I'm cross posting in Dougs reply because he cross
    > posted in the first place. Now how about them apples? Moron.

    Once again, lying with every tooth left in your
    sorry mouth: Brett cross-posted first.

    But you would never point a fault in the behaviour of your
    "hero", would you? Who knows, he might deny you access
    to the regular daily butt-kissing dose?

    Noons, Sep 27, 2007
  16. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Sep 28, 12:21 am, Harold Hughes - Activity Director <>
    wrote:

    > Show us something similar you have on this type of object

    bzzzzt! Wrong, dickhead! This is not a
    pissing contest, or a "show me yours and
    I'll show you mine" primary school brawl.
    Get over your schoolyard days, you're
    talking to adults here. Use some sense
    when replying, instead of "oh yeah?" bullshit.

    > At least Bret gives us good clear examples of perfect images Doug oops
    > I mean Noons.

    I think you're starting to see double.
    Try drinking less, perhaps?
    LOL!

    > Like you do Doug oops I mean Noons

    Less drinking will definitely help.

    You see, you have to do a little better
    here than just "see Doug" in every reply,
    you know?

    Oh look, I'm in Melbourne in the morning and
    in Perth in the evening, while I reply
    as Doug from Queensland and an arsehole
    from Canada claims I'm in Sydney!
    I told you my posting name is wizofoz,
    didn't I? Be afraid, very afraid!...

    Noons, Sep 27, 2007
  17. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Sep 27, 4:45 pm, "Mr.T" <MrT@home> wrote:

    > Why, have you compared photo's taken with both?
    > I'll bet the difference is marginal if any.
    > I'd rather put the money into a new lens, but each to their own choices.

    Save the moolah and slap a lose tissue over the
    flash head with a rubber band: instant
    "Gary Fong Lightsphere"! Only been done what,
    a million times before by every photographer
    with a flash in the last 50 years?

    > BTW, how much commission do you get on sales? :)

    Oh boy: now you dunnit! Watch the sparks fly!

    LOL!

    Noons, Sep 27, 2007
  18. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Sep 27, 11:29 pm, Harold Hughes - Activity Director <>
    wrote:

    > I find it interesting they 'both' made negative comments on this photo,
    > my socks have "BONDS" on the label it looks like Doug's sock has
    > "NOONS" on it.

    By your very own logic you blithering moron,
    you are a sock puppet of every one who made
    positive comments here. Including "Helen"...

    Noons, Sep 27, 2007
  19. Annika1980

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    My! What a lot of very intelligent comments and replies! Look at
    yourselves!! Cheer up! Middle school can't be far off for some of you.

    Ed Mullikin, Sep 27, 2007
  20. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Sep 27, 10:03 am, Noons <> wrote:

    >You know, I don't know what is more ridiculous:
    >the obvious fake adulation of you pbase morons
    >or the obvious PS-manipulated crap that Brett
    >keeps passing as "40d photos".

    Pbase morons? Who else is on pbase?

    > And while you are looking again, either that
    > is one microscopic spider taken at a distance of
    > a foot or the aperture indicated in the exif is wrong:
    > f16 won't give you that depth of field at that
    > mag.
    >
    > Try it for yourself, instead of believing
    > everything you read.

    You are a fool and a liar and I can prove it.
    Here's the deal, Mr. All-Talk:
    I'll post the actual RAW file for everyone to see. If the EXIF data is
    wrong and the pic isn't taken at f/16 with the 40D and the 65mm MP-E
    Macro lens I'll do a first and apologize to you and declare that you
    rule.
    But if it turns out that you're just talking out of your ass (as
    usual) and making more slanderous allegations against me, then you
    apologize and promise not to post (or crosspost) on
    rec.photo.equipment.35mm ever again.

    By posting the RAW file everyone will able to see that I didn't
    "Photoshop the crap" out of that pic as you claimed. And everyone
    will be able to see that the EXIF data was entirely correct. And that
    you are full of shit.

    What do you say to that, bigmouth?
    "Put up or shut up" time.

    Annika1980, Sep 27, 2007