garden wildlife...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Richie Bee, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Richie Bee

    Richie Bee Guest

    Richie Bee, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Richie Bee

    Richie Bee Guest

    "NJ" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns93CD8060548C1ontherhodehotmailcom@199.171.54.213...

    > Very nice, but I would highly recommend putting in an index.html file and
    > linking to the pix off of that.

    I can never come up with a design that I like for more than a day after I
    finish it so I don't bother any more... there's one for my old web site,
    long since derelict though... www.richiebee.ca/newsitefiles/site/ -- just
    to show that I can!

    Since I discovered how to auto-index selected directories, I've got it made!

    Rich

    --
    Richard Blenkinsopp
    www.richiebee.ca

    Richie Bee, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Richie Bee

    NJ Guest

    Richie Bee wrote in rec.photo.digital:

    > I can never come up with a design that I like for more than a day
    > after I finish it so I don't bother any more... there's one for my
    > old web site, long since derelict though...
    > www.richiebee.ca/newsitefiles/site/ -- just to show that I can!

    Ok, I'll eat my words, that's better than what I can do!

    But, it would be easier to get to the pix if there were an index.

    Or maybe something like this: http://photos.jacobfam.net

    NJ, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Richie Bee

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/4/03 10:51 AM, in article bglvft$4of$, "Richie Bee"
    <> wrote:

    > From the back yard yesterday.
    >
    > http://www.richiebee.ca/public/my garden pets/
    >
    > Rich

    Er, Rich...
    That last one. In the States we call that a "grasshopper". Some call them
    "pain in the ass" though because in mass, they wipe out crops and generally
    mess up your garden. However they make great toys for cats!
    ;-)
    BTW: Nice shots...

    George Kerby, Aug 4, 2003
  5. Richie Bee

    Guest

    In message <BB5430B8.11463%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    >That last one. In the States we call that a "grasshopper". Some call them
    >"pain in the ass" though because in mass, they wipe out crops and generally
    >mess up your garden. However they make great toys for cats!

    What we call "crickets" here in New York are dark-brown little things
    that chirp their wings together at night, at a frequency relative to the
    temperature. They don't hop very far like grasshoppers do. During the
    day they hide under rocks and logs.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Aug 6, 2003