Garden of the God Achilles

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Jun 18, 2013.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    otter, Jun 18, 2013

  2. otter

    peternew Guest

    On 6/18/2013 11:03 AM, otter wrote:
    > Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
    > Winter Storm Achilles. Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
    > them.
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/8941152619/in/set-72157633910297619/lightbox/

    Nicely done. I would love to go there either before sunrise, or after
    sunset.
    Last night I went to a lecture on night photography. the photographer
    took shot in the National Parks using exposures of 30 minutes and more.
    He painted foreground rocks with a flashlight.
    <http://www.roaminwithroman.com/index.html>

    --
    PeterN

    peternew, Jun 18, 2013

  3. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jun 18, 10:57 am, peternew <> wrote:
    > On 6/18/2013 11:03 AM, otter wrote:
    >
    > > Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
    > > Winter Storm Achilles.  Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
    > > them.

    > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/8941152619/in/set-721576339...

    > Nicely done. I would love to go there either before sunrise, or after
    > sunset.
    > Last night I went to a lecture on night photography. the photographer
    > took shot in the National Parks using exposures of 30 minutes and more.
    > He painted foreground rocks with a flashlight.
    > <http://www.roaminwithroman.com/index.html>
    >
    > --
    > PeterN

    I've been meaning to try flashlight painting. Thanks for reminding
    me, although I don't know when I'll get to it. Roman has excellent
    pictures on his website. I trust you will be showing off your newly
    learned skills?

    otter, Jun 18, 2013
  4. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jun 18, 10:08 am, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    > On 2013-06-18 08:03:32 -0700, otter <> said:
    >
    > > Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
    > > Winter Storm Achilles.  Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
    > > them.

    > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/8941152619/in/set-721576339...

    > Nice
    >
    > stuff!!
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    Thanks. It somewhat compensated for spoiling my plans to camp and
    hike in the Colorado high country that week.

    otter, Jun 18, 2013
  5. otter

    peternew Guest

    On 6/18/2013 6:48 PM, otter wrote:
    > On Jun 18, 10:57 am, peternew <> wrote:
    >> On 6/18/2013 11:03 AM, otter wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
    >>> Winter Storm Achilles. Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
    >>> them.

    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/8941152619/in/set-721576339...

    >> Nicely done. I would love to go there either before sunrise, or after
    >> sunset.
    >> Last night I went to a lecture on night photography. the photographer
    >> took shot in the National Parks using exposures of 30 minutes and more.
    >> He painted foreground rocks with a flashlight.
    >> <http://www.roaminwithroman.com/index.html>
    >>
    >> --
    >> PeterN

    > I've been meaning to try flashlight painting. Thanks for reminding
    > me, although I don't know when I'll get to it. Roman has excellent
    > pictures on his website. I trust you will be showing off your newly
    > learned skills?

    It was a lecture, not a workshop. But, as he put it, light painting is
    an art, not a science. I do hope to try it though. One hint he mentioned
    that one should paint rapidy as slow light movement could more easily
    lead to hot spots, and missed spots.

    --
    PeterN

    peternew, Jun 19, 2013