    Windows 95
    Graphics 4Mb
    4x CD
    The One, Dec 17, 2004

  2. "The One" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
    > really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
    > might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
    >
    > Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
    > bought).
    >
    > My computer is as far as I know:
    >
    > Intel 166
    > 16Mb Memory
    > 4Mb Hard Disk
    > Windows 95
    > Graphics 4Mb
    > 4x CD

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    ! !

    Best thing I've heard all year!

    ;o))
    John Rampling, Dec 17, 2004

  3. The One

    The One Guest

    "John Rampling" <> wrote in message
    > "The One" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
    >> really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
    >> might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
    >> bought).
    >>
    >> My computer is as far as I know:
    >>
    >> Intel 166
    >> 16Mb Memory
    >> 4Mb Hard Disk
    >> Windows 95
    >> Graphics 4Mb
    >> 4x CD
    >>

    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    > ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    > ! ! !
    >
    > Best thing I've heard all year!
    >
    > ;o))

    Whats so funny, I need this set up for my kids at christmas......... can
    anyone help.
    The One, Dec 17, 2004
  4. The One

    JD Guest

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:05:33 +0000, The One wrote:

    > "John Rampling" <> wrote in message
    >> "The One" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
    >>> really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
    >>> might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
    >>> bought).
    >>>
    >>> My computer is as far as I know:
    >>>
    >>> Intel 166
    >>> 16Mb Memory
    >>> 4Mb Hard Disk
    >>> Windows 95
    >>> Graphics 4Mb
    >>> 4x CD
    >>>

    >> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >> ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    >> ! ! !
    >>
    >> Best thing I've heard all year!
    >>
    >> ;o))

    > Whats so funny, I need this set up for my kids at christmas......... can
    > anyone help.

    go take your bins out
    JD, Dec 17, 2004
  5. The One

    The One Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:05:33 +0000, The One wrote:
    >

    >> "John Rampling" <> wrote in message
    >>> "The One" <> wrote in message

    >>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >>> ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    >>> !
    >>> ! ! !
    >>>
    >>> Best thing I've heard all year!
    >>>
    >>> ;o))

    >> Whats so funny, I need this set up for my kids at christmas......... can
    >> anyone help.

    > go take your bins out

    What part of the computer is that, if I take them out will it run faster,
    can I do it with a basic computer tool kit 9.99 at Maplins.
    The One, Dec 17, 2004
  6. The One

    Wizard Guest

    Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
    don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
    perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
    and you have a PI.

    Wizard, Dec 17, 2004
  7. The One

    Plato Guest

    Wizard wrote:

    > Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
    > don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
    > perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
    > and you have a PI.

    Depends on what you use your pc for.
    Plato, Dec 17, 2004
  8. The One

    John Holmes Guest

    The One came up with this:

    > Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it
    > runs really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store
    > thinking it might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the
    > same.
    >
    > Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
    > bought).
    >
    > My computer is as far as I know:
    >
    > Intel 166
    > 16Mb Memory
    > 4Mb Hard Disk
    > Windows 95
    > Graphics 4Mb
    > 4x CD

    Your system is too fast for those games. That's why they won't play. Get
    yourself a 486/80 system with 8 Mb memory, a 256 Kb ISA graphic's card
    and a 100 Mb harddisk. Install DOS (not windows) and buy Arkanoid, which
    runs perfectly under DOS. With this setup, you will also be protected
    against all current viruses! You don't even need a virus program! MS
    Antivirus (build-in with DOS 5.xx and above) will protect you from that
    annoying FORM virus.

    HTH and HAND
    --
    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
    John Holmes, Dec 17, 2004
  9. The One

    The One Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > The One came up with this:
    >
    >> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it
    >> runs really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store
    >> thinking it might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the
    >> same.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
    >> bought).
    >>
    >> My computer is as far as I know:
    >>
    >> Intel 166
    >> 16Mb Memory
    >> 4Mb Hard Disk
    >> Windows 95
    >> Graphics 4Mb
    >> 4x CD
    >>

    > Your system is too fast for those games. That's why they won't play. Get
    > yourself a 486/80 system with 8 Mb memory, a 256 Kb ISA graphic's card
    > and a 100 Mb harddisk. Install DOS (not windows) and buy Arkanoid, which
    > runs perfectly under DOS. With this setup, you will also be protected
    > against all current viruses! You don't even need a virus program! MS
    > Antivirus (build-in with DOS 5.xx and above) will protect you from that
    > annoying FORM virus.
    >
    > HTH and HAND
    > --
    > -John Holmes-
    >
    > "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    Isnt a 486 a downgrade from a Pentium. I assume that Doom 3 is a
    re-realeased old game which wont run on newer systems.
    The One, Dec 17, 2004
  10. The One

    The One Guest

    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
    > don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
    > perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
    > and you have a PI.

    So you recommend a PIII, if I upgrade to one of those can I transfer all my
    memories and hard disk to the new one.
    The One, Dec 17, 2004
  11. The One

    The One Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Wizard wrote:
    >>
    >> Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
    >> don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
    >> perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
    >> and you have a PI.

    > Depends on what you use your pc for.

    Games!
    The One, Dec 17, 2004
  12. The One

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:41c331da$0$36377$:

    > Depends on what you use your pc for.

    A P1 would make a very capable Linux based firewall, for example.
    Jim Berwick, Dec 17, 2004
  13. The One

    Ionizer Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message
    > Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it

    runs
    > really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
    > might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
    >
    > Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've

    bought).

    > My computer is as far as I know:
    >
    > Intel 166
    > 16Mb Memory
    > 4Mb Hard Disk
    > Windows 95
    > Graphics 4Mb
    > 4x CD

    That's just bad trolling. It's in the details- Doom 3 wouldn't run
    "really slow" on such a system, it would not have installed in the first
    place.

    http://doom.neoseeker.com/DOOM_3/PC/pages/system_requirementsa/

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Dec 17, 2004
  14. The One

    John Holmes Guest

    The One came up with this:

    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> The One came up with this:
    >>
    >>> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it
    >>> runs really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store
    >>> thinking it might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the
    >>> same.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
    >>> bought).
    >>>
    >>> My computer is as far as I know:
    >>>
    >>> Intel 166
    >>> 16Mb Memory
    >>> 4Mb Hard Disk
    >>> Windows 95
    >>> Graphics 4Mb
    >>> 4x CD
    >>>

    >> Your system is too fast for those games. That's why they won't play.

    Get
    >> yourself a 486/80 system with 8 Mb memory, a 256 Kb ISA graphic's card
    >> and a 100 Mb harddisk. Install DOS (not windows) and buy Arkanoid,

    which
    >> runs perfectly under DOS. With this setup, you will also be protected
    >> against all current viruses! You don't even need a virus program! MS
    >> Antivirus (build-in with DOS 5.xx and above) will protect you from

    that
    >> annoying FORM virus.
    >>
    >> HTH and HAND
    >> --
    >> -John Holmes-
    >>
    >> "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
    >>

    > Isnt a 486 a downgrade from a Pentium. I assume that Doom 3 is a
    > re-realeased old game which wont run on newer systems.

    Your assumption is right. Doom3 is just a re-released old game and it
    will only run on old systems. If you run it on a PentiumI or higher, it
    will crash.
    BTW, if you have more than 16 Mb memory, Doom will also crash. Doom
    /ONLY/ runs on systems with =< 16 Mb of memory.

    --
    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
    John Holmes, Dec 17, 2004
  15. The One

    Fred Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message
    > Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
    > really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
    > might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
    >
    > Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've

    bought).

    > My computer is as far as I know:
    >
    > Intel 166
    > 16Mb Memory
    > 4Mb Hard Disk
    > Windows 95
    > Graphics 4Mb
    > 4x CD

    "The One" types with cock in hand.
    Have a read here.
    http://www.afrotechmods.com/groovy/review/d3review/doom3.htm
    Fred, Dec 17, 2004
  16. The One

    Jim Berwick Guest

    John Holmes <> wrote in

    > BTW, if you have more than 16 Mb memory, Doom will also crash. Doom
    > /ONLY/ runs on systems with =< 16 Mb of memory.

    On an unrelated issue, I saw something like "Doom: Ultimate Collection" in
    a store recently. Doom I, Doom II, and two new 32 mission episodes for the
    original Doom. Min Req: 25mhz 486 or Pentium/Athlon class processor. Dead
    serious. A 25 mhz 486, or an Athlon. Kind of a wide range of speed there.
    Jim Berwick, Dec 17, 2004
  17. The One

    CLV3 Guest

    > Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
    bought).

    > My computer is as far as I know:
    >
    > Intel 166
    > 16Mb Memory
    > 4Mb Hard Disk
    > Windows 95
    > Graphics 4Mb
    > 4x CD

    If you are joking....good one.

    If not, ummm I hope you did not pay a lot for the system.
    CLV3, Dec 18, 2004
  18. The One

    CLV3 Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Wizard wrote:
    > >
    > > Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
    > > don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
    > > perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
    > > and you have a PI.

    > Depends on what you use your pc for.

    But DEFINITELY not for Doom 3.
    CLV3, Dec 18, 2004
  19. The One

    CLV3 Guest

    "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:41c331da$0$36377$:
    >
    > > Depends on what you use your pc for.
    > >

    > A P1 would make a very capable Linux based firewall, for example.

    And doorstop as Wizard said.
    CLV3, Dec 18, 2004
  20. The One

    CLV3 Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message

    > "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > > Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
    > > don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
    > > perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
    > > and you have a PI.
    > >

    > So you recommend a PIII, if I upgrade to one of those can I transfer all

    my
    > memories and hard disk to the new one.

    A PIII is even old at this point and probably would not run Doom 3.
    CLV3, Dec 18, 2004