Gaming Agents - Resources?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by KP, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. KP

    KP Guest

    Hi All

    I am at University and completing a course on Agent Orientated Software
    Engineering and our first assignment is to investigate an area that uses
    Agents and discuss etc, with illustrations of the arcitechture used.

    I have tried to look on loads of search engines and also I have used
    Copernic, but I cant find many good gaming agent resources.

    To give you a quick idea, the agent is the programmed part in the game that
    tells the character that if a bullet is coming towards him, he moves for
    example... thats a basic example, but you get the idea!

    I know there are other areas which use Agents, but I was looking at the
    gaming side of things as I thought it might be abit more interesting that
    that of a autonomous manufacting agent.

    If anyone has any good references or resources or can even point me in the
    right direction, I would be very grateful!

    I have tried to Email a number of games companies and received replies
    saying that they basically do not have the time to answer me!

    Thanks for any help

    Karl

    KP, Oct 18, 2003