    before the HD failure. They don't believe me. Now non of the games work on
    x64.
    Any guesses?

    VertiTech, Jan 17, 2008

  2. VertiTech

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    What about the other games?
    What is the error?
    Give us some clues.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 17, 2008

  3. If you re-installed the OS, did you also install everything from the system
    CD and the updates that you had? Did you also re-install all games?

    What about the rest of your programs, app's and utilitites? They run
    allright?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 18, 2008
  4. VertiTech

    VertiTech Guest

    I installed OS & Direct X, let microsoft update automatically, installed x64
    drivers for hardware and upgraded apps as needed like WMP and Explorer. Not
    sure if I have covered all of the system CD. I will check it though.

    The games try to start, but when they go through the Video adjustment flash
    on screen, the program(game) just shuts down and my desk top re-apears. Some
    times I get a messege that the game didn't shut down properly and ask's to
    start in safe mode. It still kicks me out. I have also adjusted my video
    settings manually down to 800 X 600 and started, no good. Most of this
    testing has been with the Call of Duty 4. Brothers in Arms just says it's not
    compatible with 64 bit systems. These games have run on x64 before. They all
    are loading correctly to the x86 file.

    I have upgraded my Dir X to 10 and will be upgrading my ATI catalyst to the
    new 8.1
    All other apps run correctly after being re-installed. I re-installed the
    apps because my HD configuration and designation changed. So I should be able
    to re-install the games to the new location as long as they were properly
    uninstalled previously, yes?

    VertiTech, Jan 18, 2008
  5. VertiTech

    DP Guest

    I don't think you answered one of Tony's questions: Did you reinstall the
    games themselves?

    DP, Jan 18, 2008
  6. VertiTech

    Carlos Guest

    VertiTech,
    I am a little confused here.
    What x64 OS are you running?
    You say "I have upgraded my DirX to 10".
    DirectX 10 is not a separate download and is embedded in Windows Vista x64.
    There is no DX10 for Windows XP x64.
    You also say you "reloaded the x64 operating system".
    Did you install it again from scratch or you copied it from the failing HD?
    Did you replace the failing HD with a new one and the new installation is
    equal to the one you had before?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 18, 2008