    BB
    NZ

    --

    BB, Oct 8, 2003

  2. BB

    Big Guest

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <> wrote:

    >Hi folks,
    >
    >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
    >shops rock? PC or console...
    >
    >Rgds
    >
    >BB
    >NZ

    I thought it was alt.binaries.dnload..-:)

    Big , Oct 8, 2003

  3. BB

    Craig Sutton Guest

    <Big > wrote in message
    > On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi folks,
    > >
    > >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    or
    > >shops rock? PC or console...
    > >
    > >Rgds
    > >
    > >BB
    > >NZ

    > I thought it was alt.binaries.dnload..-:)

    Thought you would prefer bittorent

    Craig Sutton, Oct 8, 2003
  4. BB

    PseUDO Guest

    BB wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
    > shops rock? PC or console...
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of the time the cheapest.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Oct 8, 2003
  5. BB

    Ali P Guest

    "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    > BB wrote:
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    or
    > > shops rock? PC or console...
    > >
    > > Rgds
    > >
    > > BB
    > > NZ
    > >

    > www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of the time

    the cheapest.

    > PseUDO

    I'll second that - I've bought from gpstore a few times and service/price
    has been good.
    Also trademe is a good place to pick up some bargains and offload your old
    games.

    Ali P, Oct 8, 2003
  6. BB

    KS Guest

    >> www.gpstore.co.nz i find that they are the best place and most of
    >> the time the cheapest.

    > I'll second that - I've bought from gpstore a few times and
    > service/price has been good.

    I'll third it. They're great.

    And their forums www.gpforums.co.nz help too. You might even pick up a 2nd
    hand game from their buy/sell forum.

    KS, Oct 8, 2003
  7. BB

    Enkidu Guest

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <> wrote:

    >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
    >shops rock? PC or console...

    Only big girls' blouses run games on PCs or consoles.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Oct 9, 2003
  8. BB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "BB" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    or
    > shops rock? PC or console...

    Dick Smith. I'm a member of their VIP club and get 10% off software. Their
    prices are usually quite competetive anyway.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 9, 2003
  9. BB

    PseUDO Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > "BB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi folks,
    >>
    >>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    > or
    >
    >>shops rock? PC or console...

    > Dick Smith. I'm a member of their VIP club and get 10% off software. Their
    > prices are usually quite competetive anyway.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    When in to Dick smiths today to see if they would match the gpstore price for Battlefeild 1942 which is currently $64.95, dick smiths price was $99.00, the guy looked up on the
    computer and said that it is currently on special at the moment and that $99 is the special price.
    Not putting DS down because they are a good shop for some itmes, but PC games isn't one of them. gpstore's price will always be lower than dick smiths.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Oct 9, 2003
  10. BB

    T.N.O. Guest

    "PseUDO" wrote
    > When in to Dick smiths today to see if they would match the gpstore price

    for Battlefeild 1942 which is currently $64.95, dick smiths price was
    $99.00, the guy looked up on the
    > computer and said that it is currently on special at the moment and that

    $99 is the special price.
    > Not putting DS down because they are a good shop for some itmes, but PC

    games isn't one of them. gpstore's price will always be lower than dick
    smiths.

    I have had the reverse situation in the past... not saying that it is all
    the time, but it does happen both ways.
    Bought Half Life/CounterStrike/Blue switch(?) combo pack for 89 from there,
    at the time, all other places I checked had it for either 109, 119, or 129
    saved minimum of 20.

    T.N.O., Oct 9, 2003
  11. BB <> wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites or
    > shops rock? PC or console...
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    The Gamesman has stores in most big cities and an online shop-
    www.gamesman.co.nz.

    - Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Oct 9, 2003
  12. BB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > "BB" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Hi folks,
    > >>
    > >>I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    > > or
    > >
    > >>shops rock? PC or console...

    > > Dick Smith. I'm a member of their VIP club and get 10% off software.

    Their
    > > prices are usually quite competetive anyway.
    > > --
    > > ~misfit~
    > >

    > When in to Dick smiths today to see if they would match the gpstore price

    for Battlefeild 1942 which is currently $64.95, dick smiths price was
    $99.00, the guy looked up on the
    > computer and said that it is currently on special at the moment and that

    $99 is the special price.
    > Not putting DS down because they are a good shop for some itmes, but PC

    games isn't one of them. gpstore's price will always be lower than dick
    smiths.

    OK. I've not referenced gpstore for comparisons before and rarely have the
    money to buy new-release games anyway. I've just noticed that, on the odd
    occasion when I do buy a game, DS tend to be cheaper than the other places I
    see them (Warehouse, Noel Lemings etc.) and then I get the 10% discount as
    well, unless they're already advertised as being on 'sale'.

    I'm not a hard-core gamer, just letting the OP know of my experiences buying
    games, as per his question.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 9, 2003
  13. BB

    Vogan Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    or
    > >shops rock? PC or console...
    > >

    > Only big girls' blouses run games on PCs or consoles.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff
    > --
    >
    > The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign
    > that the conspiracy is working.

    and only braindead teenagers use consoles, preferrably PS2's

    Vogan, Oct 9, 2003
  14. BB

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:30:47 +1300, "Vogan" <>
    wrote:

    >"Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    >or
    >> >shops rock? PC or console...
    >> >

    >> Only big girls' blouses run games on PCs or consoles.
    >>

    >and only braindead teenagers use consoles, preferrably PS2's

    Exactly!

    Enkidu, Oct 9, 2003
  15. BB

    wrote:

    >"Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:44:09 +1300, "BB" <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >I was just wondering where everybody buys their games in NZ? Which sites

    >or
    >> >shops rock? PC or console...
    >> >

    >> Only big girls' blouses run games on PCs or consoles.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Cliff
    >> --
    >>
    >> The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign
    >> that the conspiracy is working.

    >and only braindead teenagers use consoles, preferrably PS2's

    Oh, by the way, most mail readers ignore everything after a line
    containing "hyphen, hyphen, space". For some reason, yours doesn't.

    Enkidu, Oct 9, 2003
  16. BB

    Gurble Guest

    Gurble, Oct 9, 2003
  17. In article <LE5hb.172487$>, ~misfit~@his-
    desk.com says...

    > OK. I've not referenced gpstore for comparisons before and rarely have the
    > money to buy new-release games anyway. I've just noticed that, on the odd
    > occasion when I do buy a game, DS tend to be cheaper than the other places I
    > see them (Warehouse, Noel Lemings etc.) and then I get the 10% discount as
    > well, unless they're already advertised as being on 'sale'.
    >
    > I'm not a hard-core gamer, just letting the OP know of my experiences buying
    > games, as per his question.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    GP is always worth a look, since they also have 2nd hand games and really
    really good specials at times. I have seen them under-bid, but rarely.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Oct 9, 2003
  18. New Woger morph: Re: Games Shops

    On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:30:47 +1300, Vogan wrote:

    > and only braindead teenagers use consoles, preferrably PS2's

    Woger my old fish, go boil your head.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 9, 2003
  19. Re: New Woger morph: Re: Games Shops

    Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
    > On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:30:47 +1300, Vogan wrote:
    >

    >> and only braindead teenagers use consoles, preferrably PS2's

    > Woger my old fish, go boil your head.

    "Vogan" isn't woger.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 9, 2003
  20. BB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    > In article <LE5hb.172487$>, ~misfit~@his-
    > desk.com says...
    > >
    > > OK. I've not referenced gpstore for comparisons before and rarely have

    the
    > > money to buy new-release games anyway. I've just noticed that, on the

    odd
    > > occasion when I do buy a game, DS tend to be cheaper than the other

    places I
    > > see them (Warehouse, Noel Lemings etc.) and then I get the 10% discount

    as
    > > well, unless they're already advertised as being on 'sale'.
    > >
    > > I'm not a hard-core gamer, just letting the OP know of my experiences

    buying
    > > games, as per his question.
    > > --
    > > ~misfit~

    > GP is always worth a look, since they also have 2nd hand games and really
    > really good specials at times. I have seen them under-bid, but rarely.

    Yep, thanks. I'd never heard of them before but have them bookmarked now.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 9, 2003