    problem.

    Does anyone know of a solution?

    - John
    John Adams, Mar 2, 2008

  2. I can turn the preview pane on and off in the Games Explorer without
    affecting other WE windows. (Vista Ultimate x64 SP1). Am I missing
    something?

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 2, 2008

  3. John Adams

    John Adams Guest

    Hmm. No matter what I do, it's all or none. Is there a way to fix this?

    - John

    John Adams, Mar 2, 2008
  4. John Adams

    John Adams Guest

    Correction:

    After some more research, I have figured out that it affects these folders:

    Pictures (Folder template: Pictures and Videos)
    Videos (Folder template: Pictures and Videos)
    Games
    root account folder (named John Adams in my case)

    If I turn the Preview Pane on or off in any of these folders, it turns it on
    or off for ALL of these folders.

    Is there a way to create a custom folder template and apply it to any of
    these folders? Should the Games folder be associated with the same folder
    template as these others?
    This problem is new as of upgrading to SP1. It was not occurring before the
    update.

    I should also say that, other than this small but annoying issue, my
    computer is running better than ever with SP1 installed.

    - John

    John Adams, Mar 2, 2008
  5. In XP we have the 'Folder Options' where you can turn on/off things like
    [remember each folder view] and [set all folders to match the view of one
    folder].

    Check if you have something like that configured that conflicts with your
    changing preferences? This may also be a consequence of installing the
    Service Pack wich might reset your preference to Default?

    Also, if the SP installation is quite new, you might allow a few days for
    updates to come trickling down that you didn't need before?

    I used to have problems with my XP x64 not remembering configuration changes
    when it was new, but it slowly went away by itself

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 2, 2008
  6. John Adams

    John Adams Guest

    Tony,

    Thanks for the advice. The folder settings in Vista are practically
    identical to those in XP. I have already checked the [Remember Each
    Folder's View Settings] and similar things under Folder Options. I even
    reset all the options to default on all of my effected folders and tried to
    set them properly afterwards and this still did not help.

    - John

    John Adams, Mar 2, 2008