    There must be something else I should do, but what, please? There is no
    information I can find on their site.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Geopelia wrote:
    > I've joined the GrownUps site, and am trying to play their Codecracker game.
    > It's like Sudoku or a crossword, you have to fill in squares with letters.
    >
    > I had to install Adobe, which I did successfully. But I can't find a way to
    > put the letters in to the squares. I put the arrow on the square and type
    > the letter, but nothing happens.
    >
    > There must be something else I should do, but what, please? There is no
    > information I can find on their site.

    Tried double-clicking the square? That's the way Adobe forms work.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    'hilarious', it usually isn't?

    Enkidu, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > Geopelia wrote:
    >> I've joined the GrownUps site, and am trying to play their Codecracker
    >> game. It's like Sudoku or a crossword, you have to fill in squares with
    >> letters.
    >>
    >> I had to install Adobe, which I did successfully. But I can't find a way
    >> to put the letters in to the squares. I put the arrow on the square and
    >> type the letter, but nothing happens.
    >>
    >> There must be something else I should do, but what, please? There is no
    >> information I can find on their site.
    >>

    > Tried double-clicking the square? That's the way Adobe forms work.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Thank you.
    I've just tried that, but it doesn't work. I tried right clicking too, and
    got connected to Adobe flash player, but even after that it didn't work.
    I've tried every combination of letter and click, but no luck.

    I'm going to look on Google for a form I can print out, I expect there is
    one, as there are several sudoku ones.
    I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Sep 27, 2007
  4. In message <fdha84$e4b$>, Geopelia wrote:

    > I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

    I keep a few books and magazines lying around for that purpose. For
    instance, I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte"
    (large numbers of detailed drawings of the tombs, temples, pyramids etc
    done by Napolean's army during their time in Egypt), and that's been
    pleasant to leaf through when I've got nothing else to do.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 28, 2007
  5. Geopelia

    Rob S Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <fdha84$e4b$>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

    > I keep a few books and magazines lying around for that purpose. For
    > instance, I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte"
    > (large numbers of detailed drawings of the tombs, temples, pyramids etc
    > done by Napolean's army during their time in Egypt), and that's been
    > pleasant to leaf through when I've got nothing else to do.

    The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
    http://descegy.bibalex.org/

    You really need broadband though, and it's in Flash.

    --

    Rob
    http://www.aspir8or.com

    You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk
    and the first thing you think is, 'edit, undo.'

    Rob S, Sep 28, 2007
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Rob S" <here@home> wrote in message news:...
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <fdha84$e4b$>, Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want something reasonably intelligent to do in the TV ad breaks!

    >> I keep a few books and magazines lying around for that purpose. For
    >> instance, I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte"
    >> (large numbers of detailed drawings of the tombs, temples, pyramids etc
    >> done by Napolean's army during their time in Egypt), and that's been
    >> pleasant to leaf through when I've got nothing else to do.

    > The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
    > http://descegy.bibalex.org/
    >
    > You really need broadband though, and it's in Flash.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Rob

    I've got dial up. That sounds an interesting book though. The Sphinx looked
    quite different in his day, didn't it.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Sep 28, 2007
  7. In message <>, Rob S wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte" ...

    > The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
    > http://descegy.bibalex.org/ ... and it's in Flash.

    Typically annoying proprietary formats--no place that I can find simple
    scanned images or lists or anything like that. Trying to follow links that
    say "Description de l'Egypte"
    <http://www.bibalex.org/ISIS/ProjectDetails.aspx?Status=past&id=47> keeps
    taking me to a page saying "an unexpected error has occurred".

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 28, 2007
  8. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <>, Rob S wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte" ...

    >> The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
    >> http://descegy.bibalex.org/ ... and it's in Flash.

    > Typically annoying proprietary formats--no place that I can find simple
    > scanned images or lists or anything like that. Trying to follow links that
    > say "Description de l'Egypte"
    > <http://www.bibalex.org/ISIS/ProjectDetails.aspx?Status=past&id=47> keeps
    > taking me to a page saying "an unexpected error has occurred".

    Try http://touregypt.net/featurestories/description.htm

    Very interesting, with pictures and plenty of links. It isn't about Taschen,
    though.

    Geopelia, Sep 28, 2007
  9. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <>, Rob S wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> I picked up the Taschen reprint of "Description de l'Egypte" ...

    >> The originals have been digitized and are viewable at
    >> http://descegy.bibalex.org/ ... and it's in Flash.

    > Typically annoying proprietary formats--no place that I can find simple
    > scanned images or lists or anything like that. Trying to follow links that
    > say "Description de l'Egypte"
    > <http://www.bibalex.org/ISIS/ProjectDetails.aspx?Status=past&id=47> keeps
    > taking me to a page saying "an unexpected error has occurred".

    Yes, I got that too. But the error isn't the usual Google one, it is an
    error on the actual site.

    Geopelia, Sep 28, 2007
  10. Geopelia

    Sam Guest

    Click in a blue square on the righthand side and enter a number then
    click on the Insert Letters box in the bottom right

    Sam, Sep 28, 2007
  11. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message

    > Click in a blue square on the righthand side and enter a number then click
    > on the Insert Letters box in the bottom right

    Thank you, that works.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Sep 28, 2007