    with my new computer running winXP and Norton AV, the crossword puzzle
    doesn't show. Does anyone know why? Thank you in advance.
    ss

    Stan Shelton, Feb 13, 2005

  2. *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:48:04 -0800):
    > When I go to webcrosswords.com with my old computer running Win98 and
    > F-Secure AV, it shows and plays just fine. When I go to webcrosswords.com
    > with my new computer running winXP and Norton AV, the crossword puzzle
    > doesn't show. Does anyone know why?

    You need to install the Macromedia Flash plugin:

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    --
    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Stan Shelton

    Stan Shelton Guest

    That was already installed, but I went to your supplied link and installed
    it, and it still doesn't work. Any further ideas?
    ss

    Stan Shelton, Feb 13, 2005
  4. *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:40:10 -0800):
    > That was already installed, but I went to your supplied link and installed
    > it, and it still doesn't work. Any further ideas?

    Do you have the installer version of Mozilla or just the zipped release?
    What's the exact meaning of "doesn't work" in your case?

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Feb 13, 2005
  5. Stan Shelton

    Stan Shelton Guest

    Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be. By
    saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still doesn't
    show and I still can't play the game.

    Stan Shelton, Feb 13, 2005
  6. Stan Shelton wrote:
    > Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be. By
    > saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still doesn't
    > show and I still can't play the game.
    > ss
    >
    > "Alvaro G. Vicario" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>*** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:40:10 -0800):
    >>
    >>>That was already installed, but I went to your supplied link and
    >>>installed
    >>>it, and it still doesn't work. Any further ideas?

    >>Do you have the installer version of Mozilla or just the zipped release?
    >>What's the exact meaning of "doesn't work" in your case?

    Firefox came preinstalled on your new computer? Really????

    Cool!!!!

    Where do you get the machine?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Stan Shelton

    Stan Shelton Guest

    "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Stan Shelton wrote:
    >> Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be.
    >> By saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still
    >> doesn't show and I still can't play the game.
    >> ss
    >>
    >> "Alvaro G. Vicario" <> wrote in message

    >>>Do you have the installer version of Mozilla or just the zipped release?
    >>>What's the exact meaning of "doesn't work" in your case?
    >>>

    > Firefox came preinstalled on your new computer? Really????
    >
    > Cool!!!!
    >
    > Where do you get the machine?
    >
    > Lee

    I bought it at CompUSA. I'm working on the rebate slips now.
    ss

    Stan Shelton, Feb 14, 2005
  8. Stan Shelton wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Stan Shelton wrote:
    >>
    >>>Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be.
    >>>By saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still
    >>>doesn't show and I still can't play the game.
    >>>ss
    >>>
    >>>"Alvaro G. Vicario" <> wrote in message

    >>Firefox came preinstalled on your new computer? Really????
    >>
    >>Cool!!!!
    >>
    >>Where do you get the machine?
    >>
    >>Lee

    > I bought it at CompUSA. I'm working on the rebate slips now.
    > ss

    What is the brand of the machine?

    Thomas Halstead, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Stan Shelton

    Stan Shelton Guest

    HP a820n
    ss

    Stan Shelton, Feb 14, 2005
  10. Stan Shelton wrote:
    > HP a820n
    > ss
    >
    > "Thomas Halstead" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Stan Shelton wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message

    >>>I bought it at CompUSA. I'm working on the rebate slips now.
    >>>ss

    >>What is the brand of the machine?

    There is a God!

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 14, 2005
  11. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stan Shelton wrote:
    > > HP a820n
    > > ss
    > >
    > > "Thomas Halstead" <> wrote in message

    seemed to be.

    still

    message

    -0800):

    and

    > >>What is the brand of the machine?

    > There is a God!
    >
    > Lee

    I was fanning through a five-year old computer magazine recently, and I
    found an interesting sight. Not only was there a pre-installed version
    of Mozilla, it was running LINUX! It's a good sign that there are other
    geeks like me!
    Poly-poly man

    Poly-poly man, Feb 14, 2005
  12. *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:47:16 -0800):
    > Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be.

    Then go to Control Panel and find out whether you have an entry for Firefox
    under the uninstall programs icon. The story is that if you just uncompress
    the ZIP no registry entries are written so third-party programs (like Flash
    plugin) cannot find the browser. If it's the installer version then problem
    is not this.

    > By saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still doesn't
    > show and I still can't play the game.

    What do you see instead of the crossword? A blank rectangle? A broken image
    icon? There isn't such a rectangle? Do you get the regular context menu if
    you right clic on it?

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Feb 14, 2005
  13. *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:47:16 -0800):
    > Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be.

    Then go to Control Panel and find out whether you have an entry for Firefox
    under the uninstall programs icon. The story is that if you just
    uncompress the ZIP no registry entries are written so third-party programs
    (like Flash plugin) cannot find the browser, that's why I mention it. If

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Feb 14, 2005
  14. Stan Shelton

    Stan Shelton Guest

    >> Firefox came with my new computer and was ready to use, or seemed to be.
    >
    > Then go to Control Panel and find out whether you have an entry for
    > Firefox
    > under the uninstall programs icon. The story is that if you just
    > uncompress the ZIP no registry entries are written so third-party programs
    > (like Flash plugin) cannot find the browser, that's why I mention it. If
    > it's the installer version then problem is not this.
    >
    >> By saying it still "doesn't work", I mean, the crossword puzzle still
    >> doesn't
    >> show and I still can't play the game.

    > What do you see instead of the crossword? A blank rectangle? A broken
    > image
    > icon? There isn't such a rectangle? Do you get the regular context menu if
    > you right clic on it?

    The crossword is completely blank. No rectangle or square. A right click
    produces "About Flash Player 5" and clicking on that takes you to the
    website. I'll try to uncompress the Zip.
    ss

    Stan Shelton, Feb 14, 2005
  15. *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:08:45 -0800):
    > The crossword is completely blank. No rectangle or square. A right click
    > produces "About Flash Player 5" and clicking on that takes you to the
    > website. I'll try to uncompress the Zip.

    That's it. You have Flash Player 5 and the crossword probably needs a more
    recent version (latest is 7 if I recall correctly). Upgrade the plugin.

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Feb 14, 2005
  16. Stan Shelton

    Stan Shelton Guest

    > *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:08:45 -0800):
    >> The crossword is completely blank. No rectangle or square. A right click
    >> produces "About Flash Player 5" and clicking on that takes you to the
    >> website. I'll try to uncompress the Zip.

    > That's it. You have Flash Player 5 and the crossword probably needs a more
    > recent version (latest is 7 if I recall correctly). Upgrade the plugin.

    ¡Muchisimas gracias Alvaro! Eso fue el problema. I downloaded the latest
    Flash version (it was 7- something) and viola, the game appeared. Thanks
    again Alvaro!
    ¿Es usted pagado por eso? ¿O no mas está Ud. interesado en esas cosas? Just
    curious. Estoy (soy?) casado con una Mexicana, y es por eso que puedo
    comunicar un poco en Español. Thanks again.
    ss

    Stan Shelton, Feb 15, 2005
  17. *** Stan Shelton escribió/wrote (Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:31:23 -0800):
    > ¿Es usted pagado por eso? ¿O no mas está Ud. interesado en esas cosas? Just
    > curious. Estoy (soy?) casado con una Mexicana, y es por eso que puedo
    > comunicar un poco en Español. Thanks again.

    ¿Quién iba a poner el dinero? :)

    P.S. I like Mexican girls too.

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Feb 15, 2005