    Do you have any suggestion for a game to buy which would be very close to
    Age of Mythology? Mostly action, but with a little bit of strategy too.

    Thanks.

    John Doe, Mar 20, 2005

  2. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Re: Game recommendation

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > We occasionally play Age of Mythology at home and really like this game.
    > Rise Of Nations is more stragetic and less arcade, so we like it a little
    > bit less.
    > Do you have any suggestion for a game to buy which would be very close to
    > Age of Mythology? Mostly action, but with a little bit of strategy too.

    I forgot to ask you if you think Warcraft III would be a good choice and if
    it is possible to play at 3 players, with 2 players in a team against 1
    computer player.

    John Doe, Mar 20, 2005

  3. John Doe

    cowboyz Guest

    Re: Game recommendation

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> We occasionally play Age of Mythology at home and really like this game.
    >> Rise Of Nations is more stragetic and less arcade, so we like it a little
    >> bit less.
    >> Do you have any suggestion for a game to buy which would be very close to
    >> Age of Mythology? Mostly action, but with a little bit of strategy too.

    > I forgot to ask you if you think Warcraft III would be a good choice and
    > if it is possible to play at 3 players, with 2 players in a team against 1
    > computer player.

    Starcraft - brood war was the be all and end all of the greatest RTS game of
    all time.

    cowboyz, Mar 20, 2005
  4. John Doe

    Young Man Guest

    Re: Game recommendation

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message I forgot to ask
    > you if you think Warcraft III would be a good choice and if it is possible
    > to play at 3 players, with 2 players in a team against 1 computer player.

    Command and Conquer Generals (+ expension pack).

    Brilliant game. Excellent graphics and game play.

    Young Man, Mar 20, 2005
  5. John Doe

    nova Guest

    Re: Game recommendation

    cowboyz wrote:
    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"John Doe" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>We occasionally play Age of Mythology at home and really like this game.
    >>>Rise Of Nations is more stragetic and less arcade, so we like it a little
    >>>bit less.
    >>>Do you have any suggestion for a game to buy which would be very close to
    >>>Age of Mythology? Mostly action, but with a little bit of strategy too.

    >>I forgot to ask you if you think Warcraft III would be a good choice and
    >>if it is possible to play at 3 players, with 2 players in a team against 1
    >>computer player.
    >>

    > Starcraft - brood war was the be all and end all of the greatest RTS game of
    > all time.

    Yep, would have to agree there. The graphics are pretty outdated these
    days but the gameplay still rocks and loads of people still play this!.
    Get starcraft, im sure you can probably get it at the shops for next to
    nothing these days..

    nova, Mar 20, 2005
  6. John Doe

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: Game recommendation

    John Doe wrote:
    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> We occasionally play Age of Mythology at home and really like this
    >> game. Rise Of Nations is more stragetic and less arcade, so we like
    >> it a little bit less.
    >> Do you have any suggestion for a game to buy which would be very
    >> close to Age of Mythology? Mostly action, but with a little bit of
    >> strategy too.

    > I forgot to ask you if you think Warcraft III would be a good choice
    > and if it is possible to play at 3 players, with 2 players in a team
    > against 1 computer player.

    We play WC3 here quite a bit. My fiance and I mainly play Age of Empires
    (even though we've got AOM) or WC3 if we want a multi-player game. We always
    play cooperatively, against computer opponents. (Less hassles that way).

    So yes and yes. WC3 is a good game (IMO, if you like AOM) and you can play
    together against one or more computer opponents at varying difficulty
    levels, selected by you. You can put the computer opponents on the same team
    or have them all independant. The Frozen Throne Expansion is supposed to be
    good too but we can't afford it. :-(
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 20, 2005
  7. Re: Game recommendation

    cowboyz wrote:
    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> We occasionally play Age of Mythology at home and really like this

    game.
    > >> Rise Of Nations is more stragetic and less arcade, so we like it a

    little
    > >> bit less.
    > >> Do you have any suggestion for a game to buy which would be very

    close to
    > >> Age of Mythology? Mostly action, but with a little bit of strategy

    too.

    > > I forgot to ask you if you think Warcraft III would be a good

    choice and
    > > if it is possible to play at 3 players, with 2 players in a team

    against 1
    > > computer player.
    > >

    > Starcraft - brood war was the be all and end all of the greatest RTS

    game of
    > all time.

    it has to be one of the most superbly balanced games i've ever played.
    and because of its near-perfect balance, starcraft made me realize just
    how lousy most guys are at multi-tasking. oh, how i loved crushing my
    opponents with multi-pronged attacks. :)

    googlegroups2sucks, Mar 21, 2005
  8. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Thanks a lot for the input.