Game controller problems

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Walter Trout, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Walter Trout

    Walter Trout Guest

    Hi,

    I have a number of game controllers, gamepads and joysticks that I connect
    to the game port, NOT usb. (Only one at a time obviously)

    Problem they are no longer being detected. Where as they used to.

    When in 'Gaming Options' Add etc the status is reported as 'NOT CONNECTED',
    the drivers are installed as per instructions for device.

    Could it be a defective sound card? It is an old ISA one I must confess, pc
    is used by my toddler son so is pretty ancient anyway.
    specs:- P200mmx on an AT mobo with 192Mb RAM WinME installed.

    Also, I have USB Gamepad that no longer works on my pc following an upgrade
    in OS from ME to XPpro. Any ideas?

    TIA
    Walter

    --
    To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM.

    Walter Trout, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Walter Trout

    Kenny Guest

    On the WinME PC do the devices show in Device Manager? On the XP PC have
    you installed SP1?

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Walter Trout

    Walter Trout Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > On the WinME PC do the devices show in Device Manager? On the XP PC have
    > you installed SP1?

    On ME pc the soundcard and associated items, ie joystick,midi,WSS appear in
    DM.
    SP1 is installed on XP pc.

    Walter Trout, Nov 1, 2003