    --
    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 16, 2009

  2. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Savageduck" <> wrote in message
    news:2009041521544016807-savageduck@savagenet...
    > On 2009-04-15 21:31:20 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    > said:
    >
    >> I'm in the process of setting up a gallery, along with a few other
    >> things.
    >>
    >> If you've got the time, it would be great if you would log on and let me
    >> know if it works for you, or if it doesn't...
    >>
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Dudley

    > Crime Scene (640x427) does not render on Safari. The 4272x2848 works fine.
    > Mich On Bus works OK for both sizes.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Savageduck

    Hmmm, I'll have to do a bit of checking on that. Thanks for letting me
    know.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 16, 2009

  3. Dudley Hanks

    John G. Guest

    "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message

    > "Savageduck" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2009-04-15 21:31:20 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    >> said:
    >>
    >>> I'm in the process of setting up a gallery, along with a few other
    >>> things.
    >>>
    >>> If you've got the time, it would be great if you would log on and let me
    >>> know if it works for you, or if it doesn't...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Dudley

    >> Crime Scene (640x427) does not render on Safari. The 4272x2848 works
    >> fine.
    >> Mich On Bus works OK for both sizes.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Savageduck
    >>

    > Hmmm, I'll have to do a bit of checking on that. Thanks for letting me
    > know.
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    It does not render in IE 7, IE 8 or Firefox 3 either. So what does it render
    in.

    It's a good idea to have several popular browsers installed and try your
    stuff with each.

    John G.

    John G., Apr 16, 2009
  4. Dudley Hanks

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:54:40 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

    > Crime Scene (640x427) does not render on Safari. The 4272x2848 works fine.
    > Mich On Bus works OK for both sizes.

    Ditto for FireFox on XP. Crime Scene data is there but not the
    images.

    ASAAR, Apr 16, 2009
  5. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message
    > "John G." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Savageduck" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hmmm, I'll have to do a bit of checking on that. Thanks for letting me
    >>> know.
    >>>
    >>> Take Care,
    >>> Dudley
    >>>

    >> It does not render in IE 7, IE 8 or Firefox 3 either. So what does it
    >> render in.
    >>
    >> It's a good idea to have several popular browsers installed and try your
    >> stuff with each.
    >>
    >> John G.
    >>

    > I have used this site in the past http://browsershots.org/
    > it has been very useful in the past for chasing down incompatibilities.
    >
    > --
    > [This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
    > Scientology International]
    > "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike
    > your Christ." Gandhi

    Thanks, AC, when using a screen reader, it doesn't matter what browser I
    use, they all just say the text.

    "Mich On Bus" was uploaded as a down-sized image, but I uploaded the full
    jpg image of Crime Scene. Perhaps, the gallery software can't properly
    render an image as big as the stock XSi 12 meg sensor produces.

    I've deleted the large image and uploaded a down-sized version to see if it
    makes a difference. I think it should work now.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 16, 2009
  6. Dudley Hanks

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:16:34 GMT, Dudley Hanks wrote:

    > I've deleted the large image and uploaded a down-sized version to see if it
    > makes a difference. I think it should work now.

    It does now.

    ASAAR, Apr 16, 2009
  7. Dudley Hanks

    > "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message
    >> "John G." <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message

    >>> It does not render in IE 7, IE 8 or Firefox 3 either. So what does it
    >>> render in.
    >>>
    >>> It's a good idea to have several popular browsers installed and try your
    >>> stuff with each.
    >>>
    >>> John G.
    >>>

    >> I have used this site in the past http://browsershots.org/
    >> it has been very useful in the past for chasing down incompatibilities.
    >>
    >> --
    >> [This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church
    >> of Scientology International]
    >> "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike
    >> your Christ." Gandhi
    >>

    > Thanks, AC, when using a screen reader, it doesn't matter what browser I
    > use, they all just say the text.
    >
    > "Mich On Bus" was uploaded as a down-sized image, but I uploaded the full
    > jpg image of Crime Scene. Perhaps, the gallery software can't properly
    > render an image as big as the stock XSi 12 meg sensor produces.
    >
    > I've deleted the large image and uploaded a down-sized version to see if
    > it makes a difference. I think it should work now.
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    Yes It works in IE 7 IE 8 and Firefox now.

    John G.

    John G., Apr 16, 2009
  8. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > On 4/16/09 4:57 AM, in article 200904160257107987-savageduck@savagenet,
    > "Savageduck" <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2009-04-16 00:16:34 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    >> said:
    >>

    >>> "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks, AC, when using a screen reader, it doesn't matter what browser I
    >>> use, they all just say the text.
    >>>
    >>> "Mich On Bus" was uploaded as a down-sized image, but I uploaded the
    >>> full
    >>> jpg image of Crime Scene. Perhaps, the gallery software can't properly
    >>> render an image as big as the stock XSi 12 meg sensor produces.
    >>>
    >>> I've deleted the large image and uploaded a down-sized version to see if
    >>> it
    >>> makes a difference. I think it should work now.
    >>>
    >>> Take Care,
    >>> Dudley

    >> That did it. Both come up fine on Safari.

    > Guess I was late to the party...

    Hey, George, it's an all-nighter, come on in... :)

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 16, 2009
  9. Dudley Hanks

    > On 2009-04-16 00:16:34 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    > said:
    >

    >> "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message
    >>> "John G." <> wrote in message

    >>> I have used this site in the past http://browsershots.org/
    >>> it has been very useful in the past for chasing down incompatibilities.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> [This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church
    >>> of
    >>> Scientology International]
    >>> "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike
    >>> your Christ." Gandhi
    >>>

    >> Thanks, AC, when using a screen reader, it doesn't matter what browser I
    >> use, they all just say the text.
    >>
    >> "Mich On Bus" was uploaded as a down-sized image, but I uploaded the full
    >> jpg image of Crime Scene. Perhaps, the gallery software can't properly
    >> render an image as big as the stock XSi 12 meg sensor produces.
    >>
    >> I've deleted the large image and uploaded a down-sized version to see if
    >> it
    >> makes a difference. I think it should work now.
    >>
    >> Take Care,
    >> Dudley

    > That did it. Both come up fine on Safari.
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Savageduck

    It would seem that the module of the gallery program responsible for
    rendering the down-sized image can't handle larger pics. I'll have to dig
    through the documentation to find out the max size it can handle.

    Thanks, SD, for alerting me to that problem.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 16, 2009
  10. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "John G." <> wrote in message

    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message
    >>> "John G." <> wrote in message

    >>> I have used this site in the past http://browsershots.org/
    >>> it has been very useful in the past for chasing down incompatibilities.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> [This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church
    >>> of Scientology International]
    >>> "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike
    >>> your Christ." Gandhi
    >>>

    >> Thanks, AC, when using a screen reader, it doesn't matter what browser I
    >> use, they all just say the text.
    >>
    >> "Mich On Bus" was uploaded as a down-sized image, but I uploaded the full
    >> jpg image of Crime Scene. Perhaps, the gallery software can't properly
    >> render an image as big as the stock XSi 12 meg sensor produces.
    >>
    >> I've deleted the large image and uploaded a down-sized version to see if
    >> it makes a difference. I think it should work now.
    >>
    >> Take Care,
    >> Dudley
    >>

    > Yes It works in IE 7 IE 8 and Firefox now.
    >
    > John G.

    Thanks, John, for the feedback.

    The basics seem to be running smoothly, now. So, I can start setting up the
    other features.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Apr 16, 2009
  11. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:16:34 GMT, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >
    >> I've deleted the large image and uploaded a down-sized version to see if
    >> it
    >> makes a difference. I think it should work now.

    > It does now.

    Thanks, Asaar, I appreciate your help.

    Take Care,
    Dudley