Gallery Server Pro - Open source photo sharing web app

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Little Bluestem, May 28, 2006.

  1. Gallery Server Pro is free, powerful, and easy-to-use open source .NET
    web application that lets you share your photos over the web. Try the
    demo and download it at www.gallerserverpro.com.

    My name is Roger Martin, and I run Tech Info Systems
    (www.techinfosystems.com), a software consulting company in Wisconsin.
    I am the lead architect and developer of Gallery Server Pro, and we are
    extremely proud of this product. It has a very easy MSI installation
    (XCOPY also available), is completely free, has no spyware, and is
    released under the GNU General Public License (the source code is also
    available).

    In the few months since the initial release, it has been downloaded
    over 3,000 times.

    Major Features:

    * Full-featured album and photo management. Add, edit, delete, copy and
    move albums. Add captions to your photos; move, copy, rearrange, and
    rotate them with ease!

    * SQL Server database engine provides robust and ultra fast
    performance. Compatible with all recent versions of SQL Server: SQL
    Server 2005, SQL Server 2005 Express (the free version of SQL Server
    2005), SQL Server 2000, and MSDE 2000.

    * Easily handles tens of thousands of photos. Limited only by hard
    drive space.

    * Web pages target XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS 2.1 to ensure maximum
    forward compatibility. Works in all standards-compatible browsers (IE
    5+, Netscape 6+, Mozilla, Opera, Safari).

    * Simple to install! Powerful Wise for Windows installation program
    automatically sets up your web site and database. XCOPY deployment also
    available.

    * Automatic thumbnail and compressed image creation when you add your
    original hi-res photos. No need to reduce or compress your photos
    first!

    * Zip file support! Upload a single zip file, and Gallery Server Pro
    will automatically extract the photos. If your zip file contains nested
    directories, albums are created to represent each directory.

    * 100% managed code written in C# and ASP.NET 1.1.

    * Free, open source software released under the GNU General Public
    License

    Cheers,
    Roger Martin
    Owner, Tech Info Systems