    jmnugent Guest

    Your probably infected with Gain or Gator "Spyware"
    download Ad-Aware 181 , update it with the lates Reference file,
    and scan your system

    www.lavasoftusa.com

    --jmnugent

    jmnugent, Sep 1, 2003

  2. jmnugent

    Joan Nilsen Guest

    Joan Nilsen, Sep 1, 2003

  3. jmnugent

    Boomer.. Guest

    Joan Nilsen said:

    > How can I block Gain Network pop-up ads?
    >
    > JMNilsen

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Spyware Blaster

    Info on above and more.

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/
    Boomer.., Sep 1, 2003
  4. jmnugent

    acanofcant Guest

    Have you got Divx 5(or later) installed? If so then GAIN is also installed,
    if you do what the previous posts have said (and given links to) then you
    will lose the functionality of Divx - thats if you have Divx 5 or later
    installed.

    If you have Divx 5 or later installed and want to get rid of these popups,
    then I'd go down to Divx 4 or below, obviously you might not be able to
    watch the latest Divx encoded films but thats a sacrifice you've got to
    make.

    acanofcant, Sep 1, 2003
  5. jmnugent

    Joan Nilsen Guest

    Thanks for the help--I've followed it. Joan Nilsen

    Joan Nilsen, Sep 2, 2003