    auto off feature because I will be using it when it happens.

    Help
    Any thoughts?
    Shane & Kimberly Gilbert, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Shane & Kimberly Gilbert

    Don Guest

    This is definitely not normal behaviour for a G3. I recommend you return it
    to the store where you got it for replacement before it gets any older.

    Don

    --
    Experience is what lets you recognize
    a mistake when you make it again.

    "Shane & Kimberly Gilbert" <> wrote in message
    > I just bought a Canon G3. It's a great camera but sometimes when I am in
    > the middle of a shooting it just shuts down. It makes a couple of beeps

    and

    Don, Aug 6, 2003

  3. > > I just bought a Canon G3. It's a great camera but sometimes when I
    > > am in the middle of a shooting it just shuts down. It makes a couple
    > > of beeps and then just cuts off. The battery is fully charged and it
    > > shouldn't be the auto off feature because I will be using it when it
    > > happens.

    The fact that it makes a few beeps before shutting off will be a big clue
    if you call someone from Canon up and ask them. I don't have my G3 yet,
    but just knowing how most other electronic devices work, beeping before
    powering off is usually if the battery is low, or something is jammed.
    Perhaps you battery doesn't hold a full charge anymore, or else something
    in your camera is jammed mechanically and it shuts itself down rather than
    burning out the motor.

    Try this. Plug the charger or AC adapter in the camera and use that power
    so you eliminate it being the camera not getting enough power. Then if it
    works, the battery pack is no good. If not, perhaps something is stuck
    inside the camera. Perhaps it tries to focus, the lens motor gets stuck
    and it shuts down. Or a loose connection somewhere that freaks out the
    computer and it just shuts down.
    Jon Wordsworth, Aug 6, 2003