G-mail login always saved on I.E. 6

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bun Mui, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. Bun Mui

    Bun Mui Guest

    http://gmail.com

    My G-mail login always saved on I.E. 6.

    My username and password.

    When I type in my username in box it always saves in memory
    with the password at the bottom shown has dots.

    It can always login.

    How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
    displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
    the right of the page?

    Do I delete the cookies, if so where? I tried to do that it still
    appears.

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui
    Bun Mui, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Bun Mui

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Bun Mui wrote:
    > http://gmail.com
    >

    > My G-mail login always saved on I.E. 6.
    >
    > My username and password.
    >
    > When I type in my username in box it always saves in memory
    > with the password at the bottom shown has dots.
    >
    > It can always login.
    >
    > How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
    > displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
    > the right of the page?
    >
    > Do I delete the cookies, if so where? I tried to do that it still
    > appears.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bun Mui

    Try this: Protected Storage PassView program
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html

    Find the gmail listing with the program, and delete it.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Bun Mui

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Bun
    Mui <> wrote:

    > How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
    > displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
    > the right of the page?

    In many browsers, you choose a setting to allow it to automatically
    fill in username and password fields.
    Look where the 'auto-fill' settings are.
    Mitch, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Bun Mui

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bun Mui wrote:

    > How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
    > displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
    > the right of the page?

    IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
    Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 7, 2005
  5. Bun Mui

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Bun Mui wrote:
    >
    >> How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
    >> displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
    >> the right of the page?

    > IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
    > Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

    Ahhh...but what if she only wants gmail account information cleared? The
    little software program I linked to will allow clearing of specific items
    only :)

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2005
  6. Bun Mui

    Mike Easter Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Bun Mui wrote:
    >>
    >>> How can I prevent it or delete it so it won't be automatically
    >>> displayed to login in the boxes "username" and "password" on
    >>> the right of the page?

    >> IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
    >> Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

    > Ahhh...but what if she only wants gmail account information cleared?
    > The little software program I linked to will allow clearing of
    > specific items only :)

    You're right about the utility clearning just the gmail of course. I
    just figgered that if she didn't want to be auto-doing that [anywhere
    assumed], she ought to 'unconfigure' for it.

    I didn't have something in my mind in which she didn't want to
    autocomplete to access her googlemail, but she did want to autocomplete
    'all over the place' otherwise.

    The protected storage pass view is a neat utility that can see all kinds
    of things. If you get your hands or access to someone's computer
    [depending upon the user's login security] you can get the pass for OE
    or OL mails, and the IE authorizations and autocompletes.

    It seems to be most useful for the revealing function. I'm not quite
    clear about how useful the deleting business works. I mean, I know that
    you can delete with it, but unless she makes the change I described
    above, it will just be stored again the next time she accesses gmail.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 7, 2005
  7. Bun Mui

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> IE/ Tools/ Internet options/ Content tab/ Personal information/
    >>> Autocomplete button - configure 4 checkboxes and 2 Clear buttons.

    >> Ahhh...but what if she only wants gmail account information cleared?
    >> The little software program I linked to will allow clearing of
    >> specific items only :)

    > You're right about the utility clearning just the gmail of course. I
    > just figgered that if she didn't want to be auto-doing that [anywhere
    > assumed], she ought to 'unconfigure' for it.
    >
    > I didn't have something in my mind in which she didn't want to
    > autocomplete to access her googlemail, but she did want to
    > autocomplete 'all over the place' otherwise.
    >
    > The protected storage pass view is a neat utility that can see all
    > kinds of things. If you get your hands or access to someone's
    > computer [depending upon the user's login security] you can get the
    > pass for OE or OL mails, and the IE authorizations and autocompletes.
    >
    > It seems to be most useful for the revealing function. I'm not quite
    > clear about how useful the deleting business works. I mean, I know
    > that you can delete with it, but unless she makes the change I
    > described above, it will just be stored again the next time she
    > accesses gmail.

    Maybe - shouldn't the web site prompt for whether or not the password is
    saved? I know my email account pages do. I don't save passwords for most
    sites.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2005
  8. Bun Mui

    Mike Easter Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    >> It seems to be most useful for the revealing function. I'm not quite
    >> clear about how useful the deleting business works. I mean, I know
    >> that you can delete with it, but unless she makes the change I
    >> described above, it will just be stored again the next time she
    >> accesses gmail.

    > Maybe - shouldn't the web site prompt for whether or not the password
    > is saved? I know my email account pages do. I don't save passwords
    > for most sites.

    Gmail sez "Remember me on this computer."

    I'm sure that's a cookie setting option, but I'm not very cookie smart.

    If she is IE configured above in autocomplete as checked 'user names and
    passwords on forms' she can also be prompted to save passwords.

    If she is configured to do that, she will be saving it in protected
    storage all over again even if she's deleted it with the utility.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 8, 2005