    Any experience/ ideas / suggestions on Panasonic FZ5 and Canon S2IS are
    appreciated.

    , May 18, 2006

  2. On 18 May 2006 00:08:20 -0700, <> wrote:
    > Any experience/ ideas / suggestions on Panasonic FZ5 and Canon S2IS are
    > appreciated.

    They're both good, though you may want to consider this year's models
    (the FZ7 and S3IS), which may be easier to find in stores than the older
    ones.

    The Panasonic is smaller and lighter, and is somewhat faster at
    focusing. The Canon has a better movie mode (though the FZ7 closes that
    gap considerably) and a fold-out tilt/swivel LCD.

    My suggestion would be to try before you buy; find a shop that stocks
    both cameras, and see which one fits more comfortably in your hand, has
    the most intuitive controls, etc.

    (I went with the FZ5, because I didn't care about movie mode or the LCD)

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, May 18, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thank you very much Daniel!