    The installation package is not supported by the IA64 processor type.
    Contact your product vendor.

    I am running an AMD 64 X2 4400+
    Brendon Rogers, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Brendon Rogers

    Rick Guest

    The best thing to do is exactly what the message says: Contact your
    product vendor. In this case the vendor of Backup Exec. They would be
    better qualified to tell you what the problem is. It's entirely
    possible that the backup software will not install in the Win x64
    environment and the error message may just be a generic error message
    without really knowing what your CPU is.

    Rick, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Brendon Rogers

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Best to check with Veritas, but I believe that although there is an x64
    Backup Exec agent the Backup Exec server is only supported on i386

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Brendon Rogers

    Guest

    The typical cause of problems with support for 64-bit Windows is the
    lack of 64-bit drivers. The Backup Exec Server might not have a 64-bit
    driver for this particular storage device that you are using.

    If you are using a tape-based storage device, you typically need a
    corresponding 64-bit driver for the storage device. If you would like
    to get away from driver problems such as this, consider using
    disk-based storage instead of tape based storage.

    If your backup software does not support disk based storage, you might
    want to consider a disk-based solution such as Backup for Workgroups.

    - Sally Mueller
    Lockstep Systems, Inc.
    www.backup-for-workgroups.com

    Peter Lawton wrote:
    > Best to check with Veritas, but I believe that although there is an x64
    > Backup Exec agent the Backup Exec server is only supported on i386
    >
    > Peter Lawton
    >
    > "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > > The best thing to do is exactly what the message says: Contact your
    > > product vendor. In this case the vendor of Backup Exec. They would be
    > > better qualified to tell you what the problem is. It's entirely possible
    > > that the backup software will not install in the Win x64 environment and
    > > the error message may just be a generic error message without really
    > > knowing what your CPU is.
    > >

    > > Brendon Rogers wrote:
    > >> I have this card installed in my server along with a Sony AIT tape drive.
    > >> The install for Windows 2003 x64 didn't automatically install the drivers
    > >> for the SCSI card. I then manually installed the drivers and selected
    > >> Adaptec 2940U / 2940UW / 2940D PCI SCSI. Windows now sees the SCSI card
    > >> and tape drive. Note I didn't download drivers for the card.
    > >>
    > >> Now if I can get Backup Exec 10d to install....the environment check says
    > >> all is ok then when I run the install I get the following message:
    > >>
    > >> The installation package is not supported by the IA64 processor type.
    > >> Contact your product vendor.
    > >>
    > >> I am running an AMD 64 X2 4400+
    , Feb 27, 2006