FXO ports for Asteriks...

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Antonio, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    Antonio, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Antonio

    Steve Blair Guest

    Antonio wrote:
    > Hello people,
    >
    > does anyone here uses this "cheaper" boards
    > (http://www.digitnetworks.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=28)
    > for running asteriks?

    Yes. I use the digitnetworks board. It works perfectly. The only
    issue I had was that the printed installation guide is different
    than the guide on the CD. The CD users guide is correct.

    Also on the CD is an Asterisk package.

    > Another question: Does a FXO hardware (like this
    > http://www.rubiconpbx.com/M1204_detail.htm) can be integrated with
    > asteriks?

    Don't know. If it is sip addressable (has a UAC & UAS) then I
    assume it will work but I haven't tried it.

    > Final question: Is not better to use a hardware instead of a pci
    > board? Hardware gives the option to work in case of a asteriks box
    > problem.

    Better than what? I think this depends on your application. I use a
    Dell server running Redhat and a digitnetworks card and it works
    fine for the 20+ users on the system

    Steve Blair, Jun 7, 2004