    abandoned places
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02/abandoned-places.html

    , Aug 31, 2010

  2. VanguardLH Guest

    wrote:

    > I lose Individual.net tonight at 12:00, I've used their service for 8-10
    > years. So I'm using Individual.net while I still have access to it.
    >
    > Charter (my IP) still has Newsgroups available, I don't think they know it :)
    > - Charter service sure knows nothing about it. The "you can't use FTP to work
    > on your website" people.
    >
    > So I'm dropping Individual.net while Charter still carries the
    > usenet/Newsgroups, and save 13 bucks a year...
    >
    > I post this in hopes a Google Grouper will view the post and take a hint.

    So you're hoping that a Google Grouper using Charter doesn't already
    know what you didn't know.

    VanguardLH, Aug 31, 2010

  3. Guest

    VanguardLH <> wrote:

    >> I post this in hopes a Google Grouper will view the post and take a hint.

    >So you're hoping that a Google Grouper using Charter doesn't already
    >know what you didn't know.

    I didn't know for a month(s) after having cable DSL installed. I
    googled it, in the slight hope that they might carry the newsgroups.
    I was very surprised to see nntp.charter.net as an address. I found it
    in a message unrelated to Charter.com.

    They don't advertise it, they don't know anything about it, I've
    never seen it as part of any package, so in that respect, yes.

    I've used both services for awhile. It was when I was told my
    subscription to Individual.net was going to end, I sent a note
    thanking them for the service, that I would probably be back, and to
    let it run out.

    I did just find mention of newsgroups in a TOS of some sort
    http://www.charter.com/Visitors/Policies.aspx?Policy=6

    "Customer will not, or allow others to, post messages that do not
    comply ..."

    So as not to be in violation of the TOS I must tell others what they
    can and can't post. :) That's gonna to fly.

    --

    http://www.reddit.com/tb/d7gwl

    , Aug 31, 2010
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-08-31, <> wrote:
    > I lose Individual.net tonight at 12:00, I've used their service for 8-10
    > years. So I'm using Individual.net while I still have access to it.
    >
    > Charter (my IP) still has Newsgroups available, I don't think they know it :)

    I went to <http://www.charter.com/Visitors/Home.aspx> and entered the word
    newsgroups in the search box at the top right, and got relevent results
    (once I'd enabled javascript) ;))

    > - Charter service sure knows nothing about it. The "you can't use FTP to work
    > on your website" people.

    Ah, well, big ISP helpdesk minions aren't known for the breadth or depth
    of their knowledge.

    > So I'm dropping Individual.net while Charter still carries the
    > usenet/Newsgroups, and save 13 bucks a year...

    Good luck!

    > I post this in hopes a Google Grouper will view the post and take a hint.
    > --
    >
    > abandoned places
    > http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02/abandoned-places.html

    Something broke your sigdash ...

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 31, 2010
  5. John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I lose Individual.net tonight at 12:00, I've used their service for
    > 8-10
    > years. So I'm using Individual.net while I still have access to it.
    >
    > Charter (my IP) still has Newsgroups available, I don't think they
    > know it :) - Charter service sure knows nothing about it. The "you
    > can't use FTP to work on your website" people.
    >
    > So I'm dropping Individual.net while Charter still carries the
    > usenet/Newsgroups, and save 13 bucks a year...
    >
    > I post this in hopes a Google Grouper will view the post and take a
    > hint. --
    >
    > abandoned places
    > http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/02/abandoned-places.html

    Where have you been hiding, Pennywise?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Aug 31, 2010
  6. Guest

    John Holmes <> wrote:

    > "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> So I'm dropping Individual.net while Charter still carries the
    >> usenet/Newsgroups, and save 13 bucks a year...

    >Where have you been hiding, Pennywise?

    Sorry just got around to checking the newsgroup (Breakfast).

    Don't run Win7 so have nothing to offer here.

    Been gaming, love the COD series. My son and I play at lan parties or
    online late at night together. It's one way to keep in touch.

    MW2 went to steam and broke up our "Clan". Some play on steam.
    I play Modern Warfare 2 on dedicated servers through AlterIW.net
    http://alteriw.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24

    But I got a great gaming machine out of it, i7-930 on a P6X58D board
    which I run at a stable 4.2Ghz.

    Both board and chip are set up for "IntelĀ® Virtualization Technology
    (IntelĀ® VT)". I was planning on getting a second HDD, and installing
    Win7 in an XP environment, should break a lot of the DRM protection
    schemes; like closing the firewall's back door for one.

    I saw a John Holmes post on Reddit.com (after the Digg.com break up).
    Thought it might of been you, searching I came up with this...
    http://www.reddit.com/tb/d8zrd I figured that was far enough :)

    --

    http://jesuspan.com/

    , Sep 3, 2010
  7. Guest

    Whiskers <> wrote:

    >> Charter (my IP) still has Newsgroups available, I don't think they know it :)

    >I went to <http://www.charter.com/Visitors/Home.aspx> and entered the word
    >newsgroups in the search box at the top right, and got relevent results
    >(once I'd enabled javascript) ;))

    Ya, now one knows it's easy to find. At the time it was just an
    assumption that nobody carried newsgroups anymore. I never expected
    newsgroups to be available. lots of post at the time of folks losing
    their newsgroups and looking for a free source.

    I was just after anything but ClearWire, I had a two year contract,
    maybe 6 months before it expired I started gaming online. I was tired
    of playing COD4 with a ping rate of 700. Seriously, out of Texas, I
    got used to shooting folks who had left long ago.

    Newsgroups were never mentioned in the package or anything I read. I
    googled the address and SCORE!

    Uncensored as well, I have access to
    alt.bainaries.pictures.erotica.bestiality.hamster.duct-tape!!

    --

    http://jesuspan.com/

    , Sep 3, 2010