    CTO (Chief Technology Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Anu's Linux@HOME Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix
    More: http://cto.homelinux.net/~bsd/ Visit: http://counter.li.org/

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 20, 2006

  2. SPAM -- Re: [yate] we hire!!!]

    Plonk!

    Ivan Vecerina, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    asterisc Guest

    Re: we hire!!!]

    > Hello,
    >
    > We have 2 open positions for c++ developers in Bucharest, Romania.
    > Please send the CV's on my personal e-mail address at: diana at voip.null.ro
    >
    > Diana Cionoiu

    I'm proud being a romanian :(

    asterisc, Apr 20, 2006
  4. Re: we hire!!!]

    "asterisc" <> wrote in message
    :> Hello,
    : >
    : > We have 2 open positions for c++ developers in Bucharest, Romania.
    : > Please send the CV's on my personal e-mail address at: diana at
    voip.null.ro
    : >
    : > Diana Cionoiu
    :
    : I'm proud being a romanian :(

    You can.

    Idiocy has no homeland, even though idiots tend to have one.

    Best regards,
    Ivan

    Ivan Vecerina, Apr 20, 2006
  5. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    > Plonk!

    Stupid!!

    Please read before you reply, and for your kind information the reply
    address was duly given in the forwarded message.

    What'as the bloody SPAM you found?

    YATE (Yet Another Telephony Engine) http://YATE.null.ro/ is an F/LOSS
    (Free/Libre Open Source Software) PBX project natively developed by Null
    Team, Romania on Linux and has recently been ported (sponsored by
    Sangoma Technologies Corporation http://www.sangoma.com/) for Windows also.

    They want to hire 2 full-time C++ programmers to work in Bucharest,
    Romania. They will work mostly on development of Yate and related
    applications.

    --
    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 20, 2006
  6. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    * Dr Balwinder S Dheeman:
    > On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    >> Plonk!

    > What'as the bloody SPAM you found?

    Ivan found your spam.

    As a Dr you should have learned to check out how to use something (in
    this case, Usenet) before trying to use it.

    Cross-posting to several unrelated groups is bad enough. And your job
    offer is OFF TOPIC in all groups posted to (read their FAQs, Dr). Which
    means you've acted like an inconsiderate, less than intelligent spammer.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Apr 20, 2006
  7. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    Dave Uhring Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:06:59 +0530, Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:

    > On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    >> Plonk!

    > Stupid!!
    >
    > Please read before you reply, and for your kind information the reply
    > address was duly given in the forwarded message.

    You really are a fucking moron, responding to someone who has plonked you.
    You also posted an attachment to a Usenet article, further evidence of
    your idiocy.

    Dave Uhring, Apr 20, 2006
  8. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    Default User Guest

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:

    > Hello, C++ Programmers!
    >
    > IMHO, forwarding this (see attachment) could be helpful to some of the
    > C++ Programmers looking for a good job.

    As it says in this newsgroup's FAQ:

    Should I post job advertisements and/or resumes on comp.lang.c++?

    NO!!!

    Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    that is irresponsible and/or technically clueless - not the impression
    you want to make! Instead post your job ad / resume on one of the
    dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups that are designed for that purpose.

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.10

    I've left in the cross-post, but set follow-ups to clc++.

    Brian

    Default User, Apr 20, 2006
  9. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    Phlip Guest

    Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:

    > They want to hire 2 full-time C++ programmers to work in Bucharest,
    > Romania. They will work mostly on development of Yate and related
    > applications.

    I don't know about the other newsgroups here, but in general the C++
    newsgroup FAQ summarizes the situation well:

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.10

    "Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    that is irresponsible and/or technically clueless".

    We are aware that some of the responses give the impression of newsgroup
    members who are completely clueless and rude; that's no excuse.

    You would do much better networking in your communities than collating a
    stack of resumes from all over the world.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Apr 21, 2006
  10. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman <> writes:
    > What'as the bloody SPAM you found?
    >
    > YATE (Yet Another Telephony Engine) http://YATE.null.ro/ is an F/LOSS
    > (Free/Libre Open Source Software) PBX project natively developed by Null
    > Team, Romania on Linux and has recently been ported (sponsored by
    > Sangoma Technologies Corporation http://www.sangoma.com/) for Windows also.
    >
    > They want to hire 2 full-time C++ programmers to work in Bucharest,
    > Romania. They will work mostly on development of Yate and related
    > applications.

    You should have said this in your first msg instead of making it look
    like Yet Another Piece of Headhunter SPAM. ;-)

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Apr 21, 2006
  11. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    On 04/21/06 02:33, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
    > * Dr Balwinder S Dheeman:
    >> On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    >>> Plonk!

    >> What'as the bloody SPAM you found?

    > Ivan found your spam.
    >
    > As a Dr you should have learned to check out how to use something (in
    > this case, Usenet) before trying to use it.
    >
    > Cross-posting to several unrelated groups is bad enough. And your job
    > offer is OFF TOPIC in all groups posted to (read their FAQs, Dr). Which
    > means you've acted like an inconsiderate, less than intelligent spammer.

    I don't think these groups are unrelated to YATE and even each other.

    FYI, It is not my job offer, I only was trying to spread the word by
    forwarding an offer from Free/Lire Open Source Software developer
    company. FYI, I have no any direct and, or indirect commercial relations
    with them.

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 21, 2006
  12. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    On 04/21/06 05:23, Phlip wrote:
    > Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
    >
    >> They want to hire 2 full-time C++ programmers to work in Bucharest,
    >> Romania. They will work mostly on development of Yate and related
    >> applications.

    > I don't know about the other newsgroups here, but in general the C++
    > newsgroup FAQ summarizes the situation well:
    >
    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.10
    >
    > "Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    > that is irresponsible and/or technically clueless".

    I was me, who is trying to spread the word for a Free/Libre Open Source
    Software project, not the employers themselves.

    > We are aware that some of the responses give the impression of newsgroup
    > members who are completely clueless and rude; that's no excuse.
    >
    > You would do much better networking in your communities than collating a
    > stack of resumes from all over the world.

    Ok, But that's is clearly mentioned in the request they need it for
    Bucharest, Romania.

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 21, 2006
  13. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    On 04/21/06 06:45, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
    > Dr Balwinder S Dheeman <> writes:
    >> What'as the bloody SPAM you found?
    >>
    >> YATE (Yet Another Telephony Engine) http://YATE.null.ro/ is an F/LOSS
    >> (Free/Libre Open Source Software) PBX project natively developed by Null
    >> Team, Romania on Linux and has recently been ported (sponsored by
    >> Sangoma Technologies Corporation http://www.sangoma.com/) for Windows also.
    >>
    >> They want to hire 2 full-time C++ programmers to work in Bucharest,
    >> Romania. They will work mostly on development of Yate and related
    >> applications.

    > You should have said this in your first msg instead of making it look
    > like Yet Another Piece of Headhunter SPAM. ;-)

    Admitted, that's my mistake. I should have re-phrased their requirement
    properly; I shall definitely take great care in the future, thanks.

    Thanks a lot,
    With due regards,

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 21, 2006
  14. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    On 04/21/06 02:35, Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:06:59 +0530, Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
    >
    >> On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    >>> Plonk!

    >> Stupid!!
    >>
    >> Please read before you reply, and for your kind information the reply
    >> address was duly given in the forwarded message.

    > You really are a fucking moron, responding to someone who has plonked you.
    > You also posted an attachment to a Usenet article, further evidence of
    > your idiocy.

    So ..., is that makes you feel an intelligent and, or more learned person?

    What's wrong in posting and, or forwarding a small text message in its
    original form to the Usenet? What would be the difference if someone
    includes the same text instead of attaching it?

    Thanks, but no thanks.

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 21, 2006
  15. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    Alex Buell Guest

    Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:16:19 +0530 Dr Balwinder S Dheeman
    <> waved a wand and this message magically
    appeared:

    > Ok, But that's is clearly mentioned in the request they need it for
    > Bucharest, Romania.

    How much are they paying for a C++ developer?

    --
    http://www.munted.org.uk

    Take a nap, it saves lives.

    Alex Buell, Apr 21, 2006
  16. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers

    "Dr Balwinder S Dheeman" <>
    wrote in message news:

    [snip]

    > What's wrong in posting and, or forwarding a small text
    > message in its original form to the Usenet? What would be
    > the difference if someone includes the same text instead
    > of attaching it?

    Do you really need that one spelling out..? Anything could be in an
    attachment. Nobody with any sense opens them.

    > Thanks, but no thanks.

    My thoughts exactly. Take your spam elsewhere (but not to any groups I
    subscribe to, please).

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 21, 2006
  17. Re: [yate] We hire C++ programmers [ NO MORE POSTINGS HERE PLEASE ]

    : On 04/21/06 02:35, Dave Uhring wrote:
    : > On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:06:59 +0530, Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
    : >
    : >> On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    : >>> Plonk!
    : >> Stupid!!

    Let me summarize the story:
    I notice that a totally off-topic message is posted. A message that
    makes one waste even more time by requiring the opening of an
    attachment.
    Many people read these forums to provide help and assistance to
    people who may need it. A valuable helper is even more likely to
    waste his time because he will pay attention to an unanswered post.

    All I did was make a favor to the online community by labeling
    your thread as what it is - SPAM.

    You call this stupid?

    : >> Please read before you reply, and for your kind information the reply
    : >> address was duly given in the forwarded message.
    : >
    : > You really are a fucking moron, responding to someone who has plonked
    you.
    : > You also posted an attachment to a Usenet article, further evidence of
    : > your idiocy.
    :
    : So ..., is that makes you feel an intelligent and, or more learned
    person?

    I found Dave's comment to be rather entertaining and to the point.
    I had such a good laugh that it even made me read this whole thread
    again, and even dig out your reply.

    : What's wrong in posting and, or forwarding a small text message in its
    : original form to the Usenet? What would be the difference if someone
    : includes the same text instead of attaching it?

    What makes you think that a significant ratio of people in these
    newsgroups might be looking for a job ?
    And if someone is indeed looking for a job, how likely is he to
    be interested in a position based in Romania ?
    More importantly, how many similar job postings would we have to
    tolerate on these forums, daily, if yours was to be acceptable ?

    You claim you have no connection with the original job poster, but
    who will believe that you pick random postings to submit them here?

    Try to think, Dheeman, was your posting here any more relevant or
    better targeted than a penis enlagement pill or a refinancing offer
    would be?
    It is just as irrelevant to most of us.

    Some have kindly tried to explain this situation to you, and
    you still act like you don't understand ?!?!?

    Whether you like it or not, Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman is now
    known as a spammer. Too bad for you if this is your real name.

    And you are the joke of the party.

    I feel pity for you, so here's my final advice:

    Shut up and disappear ! Run!!!

    anything but a humble apology does nothing but cover with shame
    the original job poster, your company, and anyone who has
    any connection with you.
    Don't expect salvation for yourself, but try to have
    some mercy for your friends and peers.

    Goodbye!
    Dr Ivan Vecerina

    Ivan Vecerina, Apr 21, 2006
  18. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Re: We hire C++ programmers

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Dr Balwinder S Dheeman" <>
    > wrote in message news:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > > What's wrong in posting and, or forwarding a small text
    > > message in its original form to the Usenet? What would be
    > > the difference if someone includes the same text instead
    > > of attaching it?

    > Do you really need that one spelling out..? Anything could be in an
    > attachment. Nobody with any sense opens them.

    Nobody with any sense uses a client that runs every attachment like an
    executable. In fact most people with sense use clients that ask before
    running even an executable it was requested to open.

    The only people that have to worry about ALL attachments are certain
    Windows users that use the clients MS gave them. Text attachments
    shouldn't be any concern to anyone in this group even if their client
    is capable of opening attachments. We're all too smart to use those
    broken news clients, right?

    Noah Roberts, Apr 21, 2006
  19. Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Re: We hire C++ programmers [ NO MORE POSTINGS HERE PLEASE ]

    Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    > "Dr Balwinder S Dheeman" <> wrote in message
    > : On 04/21/06 02:35, Dave Uhring wrote:
    > : > On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:06:59 +0530, Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
    > : >
    > : >> On 04/20/06 22:39, Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    > : >>> Plonk!
    > : >> Stupid!!
    >
    > Let me summarize the story:
    > I notice that a totally off-topic message is posted. A message that
    > makes one waste even more time by requiring the opening of an
    > attachment.

    You mean wasting time like - replying to someone you killfiled??? -

    Jeesh.

    Noah Roberts, Apr 21, 2006
  20. Re: We hire C++ programmers

    * Noah Roberts:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "Dr Balwinder S Dheeman" <>
    >> wrote in message news:
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> What's wrong in posting and, or forwarding a small text
    >>> message in its original form to the Usenet? What would be
    >>> the difference if someone includes the same text instead
    >>> of attaching it?

    >> Do you really need that one spelling out..? Anything could be in an
    >> attachment. Nobody with any sense opens them.

    > Nobody with any sense uses a client that runs every attachment like an
    > executable. In fact most people with sense use clients that ask before
    > running even an executable it was requested to open.
    >
    > The only people that have to worry about ALL attachments are certain
    > Windows users that use the clients MS gave them. Text attachments
    > shouldn't be any concern to anyone in this group even if their client
    > is capable of opening attachments. We're all too smart to use those
    > broken news clients, right?

    I tend to agree.

    A text file attachement /containing source code/ can be very useful in a
    programming group.

    I can see the code directly in my newsreader (currently Thunderbird with
    NewsWorthy extension), and I can easily save the file.

    Follow-ups to [news.misc] (note: I don't read that group ;-)).

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Apr 21, 2006