Fwd Dial Plan

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ras, Oct 1, 2005.

  1. ras

    ras Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:40:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Yes Sipura ATAs (and probably others) allow dial plans where you can
    >prefix 0044 and for local calls you can prefix the local area code as
    >well. Eg for me in Bristol where local numbers begin with 3 or 9 you can
    >add 0044117 to any number dialled beginning with 3 or 9.
    >
    >David

    Where do you get the info on how to configure this dial plan - Can you
    post a copy of yours Please? TIA!
    -- ras

    ras, Oct 1, 2005

  2. ras

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:36:59 +0100, ras <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:40:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Yes Sipura ATAs (and probably others) allow dial plans where you can
    >>prefix 0044 and for local calls you can prefix the local area code as
    >>well. Eg for me in Bristol where local numbers begin with 3 or 9 you can
    >>add 0044117 to any number dialled beginning with 3 or 9.
    >>
    >>David

    >Where do you get the info on how to configure this dial plan - Can you
    >post a copy of yours Please? TIA!
    >-- ras

    <0:0044>[1-2]xx.<:mad:gw4>
    This will prefix any number begining with a single zero to have the
    zero replaced with 0044. Routing is to gateway 4.
    This has to be followed by a 1 or a 2 and then followed by two of
    more digits.

    If you want to include the area code for local dialling use this
    <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:mad:gw4>
    Here any number starting in the range 2 to 9 inclusive will be
    prefixed by 00441274. Routing is to gateway 4.
    1274 is the Bradford code.

    For international dialling:
    00xx.<:mad:gw4>
    Here any number starting with 00 followed by two or more digits is
    routed via gateway 4.

    You can have a set of speed dials that route via the gateway of your
    choice.
    <#3,:00441535211111><:mad:gw4>
    In this case dialling '#3' connects you to the (fake) Keighley(1535)
    number 211111 via gateway 4.

    If you want a 'warm line' do this:-
    P4 <:080811111111>
    Routing is to your main provider.
    Here, if no number is dialled in the first 4 seconds of 'off hook'
    the (fake) 0808 number is automatically dialled. This is handy if
    voipbuster is not working and you want to be automatically routed
    through another operator. Simply don't dial anything until you are
    routed.

    The seperate entries to your dial plan must be unique and be separated
    by this OR symbol '|' . The who dial plan is then enclosed in
    brackets.
    eg. (rule1|rule2|rule3|rule4)

    If anythig is in these brackets <> then this means a change is to be
    effected. such as what is on the left being replaced by what is on the
    right. Nothing on the left signals something in just the same way as
    does a number but it has to be unique.
    For example, from above, we have
    e.g.1. <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:mad:gw4>
    and
    e.g. 2 . P4 <:080811111111>
    These two might appear similar in that both have nothing on the left
    of the colon in the first bracket. However, e.g.1 has to have dialled
    number beginning with 1 or 2 before it is actioned.
    e.g. 2. won't happen for 4 seconds and will then override eg.1 because
    the 0808 number is then dialled. Any numbers then dialled,
    subsequently, are outside the dial plan.

    I hope this helps. You can get general information from the
    voxilla.com site and some info. from the Sipura pdfs on the sipura.com
    site.
    However, some information isn't well explained. I hope that, by the
    examples above, the principles of construction have become clearer to
    you and you will be able to achieve your aims.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Oct 1, 2005

  3. ras

    Brian A Guest

    Re: Fwd Dial Plan - CORRECTION from last post

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:36:59 +0100, ras <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:40:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Yes Sipura ATAs (and probably others) allow dial plans where you can
    >>prefix 0044 and for local calls you can prefix the local area code as
    >>well. Eg for me in Bristol where local numbers begin with 3 or 9 you can
    >>add 0044117 to any number dialled beginning with 3 or 9.
    >>
    >>David

    >Where do you get the info on how to configure this dial plan - Can you
    >post a copy of yours Please? TIA!
    >-- ras

    I made slight error in my last post...corrected here

[...]

    by this OR symbol '|' . The whole dial plan is then enclosed in
    brackets.
    eg. (rule1|rule2|rule3|rule4)

    If anything is in these brackets <> then this means a change is to be
    effected. such as what is on the left being replaced by what is on the
    right. Nothing on the left signals something in just the same way as
    does a number but it has to be unique.
    For example, from above, we have
    e.g.1. <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx<:mad:gw4>
    and
    e.g. 2 . P4 <:080811111111>
    These two might appear similar in that both have nothing on the left
    of the colon in the first bracket. However, e.g.1 has to have dialled
    number, beginning with a digit in the range 2 to 9 inclusive, before

    Brian A, Oct 1, 2005
  4. ras

    ras Guest

    Re: Fwd Dial Plan - CORRECTION from last post

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 12:36:13 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

> [...]

    >and
    >e.g. 2 . P4 <:080811111111>
    >These two might appear similar in that both have nothing on the left
    >of the colon in the first bracket. However, e.g.1 has to have dialled
    >number, beginning with a digit in the range 2 to 9 inclusive, before
    >it is actioned.
    >e.g. 2. won't happen for 4 seconds and will then override eg.1 because
    >the 0808 number is then dialled. Any numbers then dialled,
    >subsequently, are outside the dial plan.
    >

    >I hope this helps. You can get general information from the
    >voxilla.com site and some info. from the Sipura pdfs on the sipura.com
    >site.
    >However, some information isn't well explained. I hope that, by the
    >examples above, the principles of construction have become clearer to
    >you and you will be able to achieve your aims.

    Thanks for your effort Brian I now have A Dial Plan and Speed Dial
    Working on Linksys PAP2 for use on VOIP buster.
    -- ras

    ras, Oct 1, 2005
  5. ras

    Brian A Guest

    Re: Fwd Dial Plan - CORRECTION from last post

    >Thanks for your effort Brian I now have A Dial Plan and Speed Dial
    >Working on Linksys PAP2 for use on VOIP buster.
    >-- ras

    EXCELLENT!! :)
    Pleased you got it working OK!

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.