    In any case, after my VC++ exam I will start learning for the VC# exam. Is
    it worth taking the distributed VC++ exam too before that is discontinued
    next June? Is just the desktop exam good enough for most employers?
    Jake, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Jake

    Guest Guest

    Jake,
    I am no expert about any of this but wanted to throw my
    2 cents in. I too am taking the MSVS .NET MCSD exams. I
    am going down the Visual Basic path. Mostly because that
    is all they are offering right now (they - is the
    techskills school). They continually make references to
    Visual C#. The whole .NET platform I think is an awesome
    idea. But.... just like Microsoft, it seems as though
    they want to capitalize on everything and dictate to all
    corporations how do their coding.
    The .NET platform is currently only residing "ontop of"
    the Microsoft O/S, but is set up to potentially be
    placed "ontop of" ANY O/S. I see tremendous use with
    the .NET architecture on a UNIX based (LINUX)
    platform!!! The underlying technologies which support
    the .NET architecture, or my understanding, is to have
    all common code and functionality independent of the
    programming language being used. Obviously it has to be
    a .NET version though. They do have an extensible Visual
    C++, C#, J#, VB and yes, even COBOL (although, nothing
    yet with it)!
    I know this didn't really address any of your concerns,
    but I just wanted to let you know. I too, am wondering
    about similar things using VB!
    Have a great one!
    Karl

    weeks. This is one of
    >the main languages used in my company at the moment

    although we are moving
    >to .net. People say that you can create better

    enterprise solutions with
    >..net. Fair enough but why should we stop using VC++

    when it has proved to
    >be a powerful language for the last decade or so?
    >
    >Someone told me that Microsoft only included VC++ into

    Visual Studio .net
    >after people complained to them because they didn't want

    to continue with
    >it. The fact that there is no .net MCP exam for VC++

    shows that Microsoft
    >want to phase it out in the long term. Whether they

    will remains to be

    Guest, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Microsoft will never terminate Visual C++. It's used to build all their
    software.

    General Protection Fault, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Jake

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Someone told me that Microsoft only included VC++ into Visual Studio .net
    >after people complained to them because they didn't want to continue with
    >it.

    I don't think so.

    Thankfully C++ is not controlled by microsoft (or any single company).

    It is one of the most widely used computer language ever conceived.
    Because of it's general round ability to solve business problems,
    makes it great choice for implementing software designs.
    Kline Sphere, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Jake

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I see tremendous use with
    >the .NET architecture on a UNIX based (LINUX)
    >platform!!!

    Really? Sure there are companies who are [wasting their time] doing
    ports to non-ms os's, just the same as there were for MFC & COM.

    Can you really see Sun & IBM pushing out the boats to endorse dot net?
    Yep about as much chance as microsoft porting sql server to run on
    Unix.
    Kline Sphere, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Jake

    The Rock Guest

    I suggest you to take VSC++ exam to get certify your current skills first
    before moving to .net.
    Because after next year June, you have no chance to take C++ exams again!
    Just like me, I have finished my VB6 Exams to certify my current skill just
    one month ago.
    So, you better take the exam a.s.a.p.

    Good luck!

    The Rock, Oct 23, 2003
  7. Jake

    clyclopedic Guest

    Perhaps 70-304 will be live by June.

    "The Rock" <> wrote in message
    > I suggest you to take VSC++ exam to get certify your current skills first
    > before moving to .net.
    > Because after next year June, you have no chance to take C++ exams again!

    [snip]
    clyclopedic, Oct 24, 2003
  8. Jake

    Mehran Nikoo Guest

    No comments!

    http://www7b.software.ibm.com/dmdd/downloads/dotnetbeta/

    Mehran Nikoo, Oct 28, 2003
  9. I recomend its even better to take Distributed Exam over Desktop Exam(if ur
    going to take only one Exam). Because there's good oppurtunities on
    Distributed Application Side than Desktop Application Development.

    PS: Sorry if my view isn't rite!

    Shanmuga Raja, Dec 7, 2003