    Does anyone know what fuse one needs for a 210 Kilowatt oven
    Volts 230 and 50hz

    Ta

    JIM, May 8, 2004

  2. JIM

    Stickems Guest

    1,000 amps fuse is needed if it is 210kw. If it's 2.1kw then a 10amp fuse
    will do.

    Stickems, May 8, 2004

  3. JIM

    Andy Guest

    "JIM" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what fuse one needs for a 210 Kilowatt oven
    > Volts 230 and 50hz
    >
    > Ta

    I do not think your oven is 210 Kilowatt. Average oven has 2500Watt -
    3000Watt Broil Element.
    Regardless your fuse question. Oven takes 30 A (ampere) fuse.Small top
    heating element 15A and large top heating element takes 20A fuse.

    Andy, May 8, 2004
  4. JIM

    JIM Guest

    Thanks for the help geezers (here's the story)

    I've been running a proline 6400 ss oven for about 2 years without any
    probs.
    yesterday the oven's fan element blew, chicken was half cooked - (shame)
    I bought a new element from sheffield for £29.00 / nice helful guy
    Installed and all was well, clock L.E.D lit etc but as soon as i turn on the
    fan oven the fuse blows in the plug and the clock L.E.D goes out. Yes fuse
    is dead

    The fuse is 13amp and i have just a standard 13amp plug connected at the end
    of the
    oven- connected to a standard plug socket. Now i do have my doubts about
    this setup i mean the oven not having its own oven point - but its been
    running ok for 2 years til now.

    anyone have any ideas about the fuse business

    ta

    JIM, May 8, 2004
  5. JIM

    Yddap Guest

    In news:c7jd6h$lo9$,
    JIM <> opined:
    > Thanks for the help geezers (here's the story)
    >
    > I've been running a proline 6400 ss oven for about 2 years without any
    > probs.
    > yesterday the oven's fan element blew, chicken was half cooked -
    > (shame)
    > I bought a new element from sheffield for £29.00 / nice helful guy
    > Installed and all was well, clock L.E.D lit etc but as soon as i turn
    > on the fan oven the fuse blows in the plug and the clock L.E.D goes
    > out. Yes fuse is dead
    >
    > The fuse is 13amp and i have just a standard 13amp plug connected at
    > the end of the
    > oven- connected to a standard plug socket. Now i do have my doubts
    > about this setup i mean the oven not having its own oven point - but
    > its been running ok for 2 years til now.
    >
    > anyone have any ideas about the fuse business
    >
    > ta

    a Max of 30 amp fuse is all you need for a normal oven in the UK
    power is supplied via a dedicated line from your main breaker box to a
    connection point on the wall behind your cooker

    Your cooker will not be 210 K watt

    your description is of something like a "Baby Belling" table top oven
    if it has run from a 13 amp socket for 2 years it is DUFF
    get a qualified electrician to look at it

    Yddap

    Yddap, May 8, 2004
  6. JIM

    Scraggy Guest

    Yddap wrote:
    > In news:c7jd6h$lo9$,
    > JIM <> opined:
    >> Thanks for the help geezers (here's the story)
    >>
    >> I've been running a proline 6400 ss oven for about 2 years without
    >> any probs.
    >> yesterday the oven's fan element blew, chicken was half cooked -
    >> (shame)
    >> I bought a new element from sheffield for £29.00 / nice helful guy
    >> Installed and all was well, clock L.E.D lit etc but as soon as i turn
    >> on the fan oven the fuse blows in the plug and the clock L.E.D goes
    >> out. Yes fuse is dead
    >>
    >> The fuse is 13amp and i have just a standard 13amp plug connected at
    >> the end of the
    >> oven- connected to a standard plug socket. Now i do have my doubts
    >> about this setup i mean the oven not having its own oven point - but
    >> its been running ok for 2 years til now.
    >>
    >> anyone have any ideas about the fuse business
    >>
    >> ta

    > a Max of 30 amp fuse is all you need for a normal oven in the UK
    > power is supplied via a dedicated line from your main breaker box to a
    > connection point on the wall behind your cooker
    >
    > Your cooker will not be 210 K watt
    >
    > your description is of something like a "Baby Belling" table top oven
    > if it has run from a 13 amp socket for 2 years it is DUFF
    > get a qualified electrician to look at it
    >
    > Yddap

    Twaddle, the Oven/Grill (2300w)in my kitchen is 13A & has been for the last
    5 years it is not duff, it is designed that way.

    Scraggy, May 8, 2004
  7. JIM

    Scraggy Guest

    JIM wrote:
    > Thanks for the help geezers (here's the story)
    >
    > I've been running a proline 6400 ss oven for about 2 years without any
    > probs.
    > yesterday the oven's fan element blew, chicken was half cooked -
    > (shame)
    > I bought a new element from sheffield for £29.00 / nice helful guy
    > Installed and all was well, clock L.E.D lit etc but as soon as i turn
    > on the fan oven the fuse blows in the plug and the clock L.E.D goes
    > out. Yes fuse is dead
    >
    > The fuse is 13amp and i have just a standard 13amp plug connected at
    > the end of the
    > oven- connected to a standard plug socket. Now i do have my doubts
    > about this setup i mean the oven not having its own oven point - but
    > its been running ok for 2 years til now.
    >
    > anyone have any ideas about the fuse business
    >
    > ta

    13A mate, but if its blown then it obviously indicates a problem in the
    circuitry. Its multimeter time( like Millertime but more interesting :) )

    Scraggy, May 8, 2004
  8. JIM

    JIM Guest

    Thanks but i only wish i had the electrical knowledge to the fault
    finding - its gonna hav to be a trip to the Elementman.

    bye

    "Scraggy" <> wrote in message
    > JIM wrote:
    > > Thanks for the help geezers (here's the story)
    > >
    > > I've been running a proline 6400 ss oven for about 2 years without any
    > > probs.
    > > yesterday the oven's fan element blew, chicken was half cooked -
    > > (shame)
    > > I bought a new element from sheffield for £29.00 / nice helful guy
    > > Installed and all was well, clock L.E.D lit etc but as soon as i turn
    > > on the fan oven the fuse blows in the plug and the clock L.E.D goes
    > > out. Yes fuse is dead
    > >
    > > The fuse is 13amp and i have just a standard 13amp plug connected at
    > > the end of the
    > > oven- connected to a standard plug socket. Now i do have my doubts
    > > about this setup i mean the oven not having its own oven point - but
    > > its been running ok for 2 years til now.
    > >
    > > anyone have any ideas about the fuse business
    > >
    > > ta

    > 13A mate, but if its blown then it obviously indicates a problem in the
    > circuitry. Its multimeter time( like Millertime but more interesting

    -) )

    JIM, May 8, 2004