    All OK in Device Manager.
    Belkin says the systray icon changes from red to blue when adapter is
    working. It has changed to blue but still n ot working.

    Trevor, Feb 9, 2008

  2. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    When I try to switch off the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility it won't
    let me as the button to save changes is greyed out.

    Trevor, Feb 9, 2008

  3. Hi
    Then switch off Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in order to check
    if the Wireless is functional.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc/html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 10, 2008
  4. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    > Hi
    > Then switch off Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in order to
    > check if the Wireless is functional.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wzc/html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    >> When I try to switch off the Belkin Wireless Configuration Utility it
    >> won't let me as the button to save changes is greyed out.

    It is switched off.

    Trevor, Feb 10, 2008
  5. Trevor

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    At this point I would try another card.
    That said, it is easy for me to do so coz I have spare cards.
    If you can not borrow, or easily get another card, you can try to reinstall
    Windows.
    If reinstalling Windows does Not help it is the Card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 10, 2008
  6. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    "Jack" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > At this point I would try another card.
    > That said, it is easy for me to do so coz I have spare cards.
    > If you can not borrow, or easily get another card, you can try to
    > reinstall Windows.
    > If reinstalling Windows does Not help it is the Card.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> Then switch off Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) in order to
    >>> check if the Wireless is functional.
    >>> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc/html
    >>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>>
    >>> "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> It is switched off.

    Do you mean in case the card is faulty? It's not because I have borrowed it
    from my sons PC and when I put it back there it works.

    I will need to buy a card for the PC but there's no point if its not going
    to work.

    Trevor, Feb 10, 2008
  7. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    By a strange quirk I did have to re-install windows since originally finding
    the card wouldn't work - simply because it stopped booting.

    I think the PC may be too old and low spec for Xp if that could have any
    bearin gon things?

    I have a feeling this laptops heading for the bin.

    Trevor, Feb 10, 2008
  8. Trevor

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If it is very old it might not work with 32bit cards and needs an old 16bit
    card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 11, 2008
  9. Trevor