  1. sunny

    sunny Guest

    sorry guys none of your suggestions from my previous post seem to be
    working. I have done what you are suggesting in the past when the window has
    been smaller than required but for some reason this time the 'window' only
    consists of the blue bar with the minimise/maximise/close buttons on it
    any further ideas

    cheers

    >i dont know what ive done but when new windows are opening in IE6 >they are

    just appearing as the blue bar which i have to maximise each time >to view
    the page.....any ideas what ive done and how to stop this

    sunny, Apr 23, 2004

  2. sunny

    °Mike° Guest

    Please don't start a new thread about the same
    problem -- stay in the original thread, and answer
    questions/comments put to you there.

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:24:34 GMT, in
    <Cbdic.177$>
    sunny scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 23, 2004

  3. sunny

    Unk Guest

    Close Internet Explorer FIRST!!

    Click on Start\Run. Type in regedit. Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

    On the right-hand side, at the bottom, you will see an entry called
    "Window_Placement". Highlight it and Delete it. (or "Export" it first if
    you want to save it for some reason.)
    This resets the default window size for New IE Windows. The next time you
    launch IE from your shortcut, it will be the default window size.
    You can maximize that window and close it, and it will remember what you set
    it to, however all NEW IE Windows will be the default size.

    Unk, Apr 23, 2004
  4. sunny

    sunny Guest

    Thanks very much Unk, that seems to have done the trick.

    Sorry to Mike for starting the new thread but Unk may not have looked at the
    old one, luckily on this occasion my solution was found on a second entry.
    Thanks again for everyones help

    sunny, Apr 23, 2004
  5. sunny

    Unk Guest