    The One Guest

    More than 12 different problems with Furfox posted in the last 3 days.

    20 million people cant be wrong!

    The One, Apr 21, 2005

  2. The One

    Moz Champion Guest

    The One wrote:
    > More than 12 different problems with Furfox posted in the last 3 days.
    >
    > 20 million people cant be wrong!

    Well lets see

    12 different problems posted about, and over 8 resolved, leaving 4

    out of 45 million users (latest updated total) that means fewer than
    ..0000001 percent of users have problems that cant arent resolved in a
    few days

    You dont get the people who dont have problems posting to the group in
    most cases... simply because they dont have anything to ask!
    People dont come to newsgroups if they ARENT having problems, they come
    to them either because they are experiencing a problem or are seeking
    advanced tips and tweaks

    There are hundreds and sometimes thousands of users having problems with
    IE in the same time frame. Most, like here are resolved in group, some
    are not. Take a gander at the MS groups sometime

    Moz Champion, Apr 22, 2005

  3. The One

    Charani Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 02:59:27 GMT, Moz Champion wrote:

    > Well lets see
    >
    > 12 different problems posted about, and over 8 resolved, leaving 4
    >
    > out of 45 million users (latest updated total) that means fewer than
    > .0000001 percent of users have problems that cant arent resolved in a
    > few days
    >
    > You dont get the people who dont have problems posting to the group in
    > most cases... simply because they dont have anything to ask!
    > People dont come to newsgroups if they ARENT having problems, they come
    > to them either because they are experiencing a problem or are seeking
    > advanced tips and tweaks
    >
    > There are hundreds and sometimes thousands of users having problems with
    > IE in the same time frame. Most, like here are resolved in group, some
    > are not. Take a gander at the MS groups sometime

    .. . . . and, of course, with Mozilla (all flavours) when there are
    any security problems, they are admitted to and get fixed with the
    week.

    OTOH Windows denies there are any security problems for months, then
    claims to be investigating this allegedly non existent security
    problem for months, then they issue a patch for the still
    unacknowledged security problem and only weeks later to they admit
    there was a security problem and that they're issuing a patch to patch
    the patch for the security problem that they initially claimed never
    existed. Neat.

    There are still security issues with W98, W98SE and WinME that are
    waiting to be resolved, I believe.

    Charani, Apr 22, 2005
  4. The One

    Tony Raven Guest

    The One wrote:
    > More than 12 different problems with Furfox posted in the last 3 days.
    >
    > 20 million people cant be wrong!

    And how many problems posted in the last hour in the 39 newsgroups
    needed to keep up with the problems of Outlook Express?

    You can fool some of the people all of the time and those are the ones
    they are after.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Apr 22, 2005
  5. On 2005-04-21, The One <> wrote:

    > More than 12 different problems with Furfox posted in the last 3 days.

    At least Mozilla/Firefox's problms seem to be fixed in a timely manner.
    Read it and weep:

    --------
    Internet Explorer
    http://secunia.com/product/11/

    Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x with all vendor patches installed and all
    vendor workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia
    advisories rated Highly critical.

    This is based on the most severe Secunia advisory, which is marked as
    "Unpatched" in the Secunia database. Go to Unpatched/Patched list below
    for details.

    Currently, 19 out of 80 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in
    the Secunia database.
    --------

    Firefox
    http://secunia.com/product/4227/

    Mozilla Firefox 1.x with all vendor patches installed and all vendor
    workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia
    advisories rated Less critical.

    This is based on the most severe Secunia advisory, which is marked as
    "Unpatched" in the Secunia database. Go to Unpatched/Patched list below
    for details.

    Currently, 4 out of 15 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in the
    Secunia database.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Apr 23, 2005
  6. The One

    The One Guest

    "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    > On 2005-04-21, The One <> wrote:
    >
    > > More than 12 different problems with Furfox posted in the last 3 days.

    > At least Mozilla/Firefox's problms seem to be fixed in a timely manner.
    > Read it and weep:
    >

    > --------
    > Internet Explorer
    > http://secunia.com/product/11/
    >
    > Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x with all vendor patches installed and all
    > vendor workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia
    > advisories rated Highly critical.
    >
    > This is based on the most severe Secunia advisory, which is marked as
    > "Unpatched" in the Secunia database. Go to Unpatched/Patched list below
    > for details.
    >
    > Currently, 19 out of 80 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in
    > the Secunia database.
    > --------
    >
    > Firefox
    > http://secunia.com/product/4227/
    >
    > Mozilla Firefox 1.x with all vendor patches installed and all vendor
    > workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia
    > advisories rated Less critical.
    >
    > This is based on the most severe Secunia advisory, which is marked as
    > "Unpatched" in the Secunia database. Go to Unpatched/Patched list below
    > for details.
    >
    > Currently, 4 out of 15 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in the
    > Secunia database.
    >

    > --
    >
    > John ()

    Read it and still using IE, after all it is the one browser on my computer
    that WORKS when I ask it to.

    The One, Apr 23, 2005
  7. The One

    Splibbilla Guest

    "The One" <> in

    > Read it and still using IE, after all it is the one browser on my
    > computer that WORKS when I ask it to.

    curious.. how many have you tried? you might even like one of the IE 'shells'?

    Splibbilla, Apr 24, 2005
  8. The One

    Moz Champion Guest

    The One wrote:
    > "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>On 2005-04-21, The One <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>More than 12 different problems with Furfox posted in the last 3 days.

    >>At least Mozilla/Firefox's problms seem to be fixed in a timely manner.
    >>Read it and weep:
    >>

    >>--------
    >>Internet Explorer
    >>http://secunia.com/product/11/
    >>
    >>Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x with all vendor patches installed and all
    >>vendor workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia
    >>advisories rated Highly critical.
    >>
    >>This is based on the most severe Secunia advisory, which is marked as
    >>"Unpatched" in the Secunia database. Go to Unpatched/Patched list below
    >>for details.
    >>
    >>Currently, 19 out of 80 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in
    >>the Secunia database.
    >>--------
    >>
    >>Firefox
    >>http://secunia.com/product/4227/
    >>
    >>Mozilla Firefox 1.x with all vendor patches installed and all vendor
    >>workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia
    >>advisories rated Less critical.
    >>
    >>This is based on the most severe Secunia advisory, which is marked as
    >>"Unpatched" in the Secunia database. Go to Unpatched/Patched list below
    >>for details.
    >>
    >>Currently, 4 out of 15 Secunia advisories, is marked as "Unpatched" in the
    >>Secunia database.
    >>

    >>--
    >>
    >>John ()

    > Read it and still using IE, after all it is the one browser on my computer
    > that WORKS when I ask it to.

    So simply because YOU cant get the product to work, but 45 million other
    people can, the product is bad?

    I suppose you think all keys are bad, because you cant get one to work
    in your front door?
    Or that advertisements are bad, because you cant read them all?

    You are rather outnumbered. Forty five MILLION people can get the
    product to work, and YOU cant... that doesnt say the product is bad

    Yep, something isnt working right, but it isnt the product.

    Moz Champion, Apr 25, 2005