    This hasn't been the case with my Firefox 1.5 for Linux and
    Windows. They both share the same profile. Go figure.

    Keith

    Keith, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Keith

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 01/12/05 14:52, Keith scribbled:
    > All:
    > I found out something odd about Thunderbird. On my dual boot PC,
    > I have Windows 2000 and Mandrake Linux 10.2. On the former I have had
    > Thunderbird 1.0.7 for the past two months. On the latter, I have had
    > Thunderbird 1.0.2 for the same amount of time. I was able not only to
    > share the local folders between both Thunderbirds; but also, their
    > profiles even though Windows and Linux have different directory
    > structures.
    > This wasn't the case when I updated my Linux to have Thunderbird
    > 1.0.7 so that both Windows and Linux had the same version of
    > Thunderbird. All of a sudden, both Thunderbirds couldn't read their
    > shared profile even though both were still able to share the local
    > folders. I had to create a default profile for both Thunderbirds
    > seperate from one another.
    > This hasn't been the case with my Firefox 1.5 for Linux and
    > Windows. They both share the same profile. Go figure.
    >
    > Keith

    I put everything on my FAT32 shared drive n then - with two different
    profiles - symbolically linked parts that could be shared eg the mail
    and news folders for tbird, and bookmarks.html for firefox ;)

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC2,

    Jedi Fans, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Jedi Fans wrote:
    > On 01/12/05 14:52, Keith scribbled:
    >> All:
    >> I found out something odd about Thunderbird. On my dual boot PC,
    >> I have Windows 2000 and Mandrake Linux 10.2. On the former I have had
    >> Thunderbird 1.0.7 for the past two months. On the latter, I have had
    >> Thunderbird 1.0.2 for the same amount of time. I was able not only to
    >> share the local folders between both Thunderbirds; but also, their
    >> profiles even though Windows and Linux have different directory
    >> structures.
    >> This wasn't the case when I updated my Linux to have Thunderbird
    >> 1.0.7 so that both Windows and Linux had the same version of
    >> Thunderbird. All of a sudden, both Thunderbirds couldn't read their
    >> shared profile even though both were still able to share the local
    >> folders. I had to create a default profile for both Thunderbirds
    >> seperate from one another.
    >> This hasn't been the case with my Firefox 1.5 for Linux and
    >> Windows. They both share the same profile. Go figure.
    >>
    >> Keith

    > I put everything on my FAT32 shared drive n then - with two different
    > profiles - symbolically linked parts that could be shared eg the mail
    > and news folders for tbird, and bookmarks.html for firefox ;)

    That's the better course, and exactly what I do on my dual boots.
    Sharing the profile across platform is probably not a good idea, though
    I've never actually done it, but sharing the data works, and I do it all
    the time.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 1, 2005