    download a file and place it in C:\ and C:\Windows it is gone the next
    day. Even if it's hidden it's still deleted.

    Please help on this.

    Travis, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Travis

    JTJersey Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:46:49 -0800, Travis wrote:

    > I'm using my school computer now, and in CTRL-ALT-DELETE there is a
    > funny, unknown program called "Stalker". My school uses Windows95. I
    > would like to know what that is and what it does. Becuase every time I
    > download a file and place it in C:\ and C:\Windows it is gone the next
    > day. Even if it's hidden it's still deleted.
    >
    > Please help on this.

    Could it be this antispyware program?
    http://www.1000files.com/Utilities/System_Utilities/Spy_Stalker_18945_Review.html
    Check in Add/Remove Programs and see if it's listed. As far as your files
    go maybe somebody at your school is deleting them?

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Travis

    Travis Guest

    I really don't think it's anitspyware, the school really doesn't take care
    of these computers anymore know what the computer teacher retired. It would
    be on of those programs that prevent permanent writing to the harddrive and
    delete old files. I keep disalbing it but It always find it's way to start
    again.

    Travis, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Travis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Travis" <> wrote in

    > I really don't think it's anitspyware, the school really doesn't take
    > care of these computers anymore know what the computer teacher
    > retired. It would be on of those programs that prevent permanent
    > writing to the harddrive and delete old files. I keep disalbing it but
    > It always find it's way to start again.

    You may not be able to follow some of the advice of tracking things down
    with the examples of the NT O/S being talked about. But you can apply
    most of it like using Process Explorer to locate a process running on the
    machine as it could be other malware piggy backing off of some other
    process bringing the other malware back.

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23780,00.asp

    You can go to Menu/Show lower pane and Show all DLL and it will show
    everything that's running with a process when you click on a process in
    the upper pane. You can right/click a line on both panes and go to
    Properties to get more information.

    Long

    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Hidden_Backdoors_Trojan_Horses_and
    _Rootkit_Tools_in_a_Windows_Environment.html

    Short

    http://tinyurl.com/klw1

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Travis

    Pc Rat Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > I'm using my school computer now, and in CTRL-ALT-DELETE there is a
    > funny, unknown program called "Stalker". My school uses Windows95. I
    > would like to know what that is and what it does. Becuase every time I
    > download a file and place it in C:\ and C:\Windows it is gone the next
    > day. Even if it's hidden it's still deleted.
    >
    > Please help on this.

    exactly what it says stalker, what kind of progrma do u think it is duh,
    if its a scool pc, piss on it, who cares. if u type any sensitive info
    on a school pc your a tard.

    Let them deal with it.

    Pc Rat, Dec 9, 2005
  6. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > I'm using my school computer now, and in CTRL-ALT-DELETE there is a
    > funny, unknown program called "Stalker". My school uses Windows95. I
    > would like to know what that is and what it does. Becuase every time I
    > download a file and place it in C:\ and C:\Windows it is gone the next
    > day. Even if it's hidden it's still deleted.
    >
    > Please help on this.

    Pc Rat () said:

    exactly what it says stalker, what kind of progr[am] do u think it is duh,
    if its a s[h]cool pc, piss on it, who cares. if u type any sensitive info
    on a school pc your a [re]tard.

    Let them deal with it.

    >Pc rat you idiot, do you think i'm that stupid. I don't care about that
    >program when I check my email, I never save passwords and I know it's not a
    >keylogger.

    (PS: get a spellchecker or try to finally finsish Gr. 4)

    Travis, Dec 9, 2005
  7. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:15:12 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    <Travis wrote:
    <(PS: get a spellchecker or try to finally finsish Gr. 4)

    <chortle. wheeze, chortle>
    __

    -nos1eep

    http://www.searchlores.org/way_kook.htm