    Anyone had similar issues, or able to point me to the right question.

    Cheers
    Llewellyn

    Llewellyn Angus, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Llewellyn Angus

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Llewellyn Angus wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a Abit KR7A Raid Mainboard, with a ATI 32Mb Matrox DDR Dualhead,
    > I have recently upgraded the CPU (to AMD Duron 1600) and had to update
    > the firmware for the Mainboard.
    >
    > Heres the thing, intermittently when I cold start I get a blank screen
    > from go, but if I reboot (CTRL ALT DEL) it's fine.
    >
    > I cant seem to find any compatibility issues with either of these
    > components.
    >
    > Anyone had similar issues, or able to point me to the right question.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Llewellyn

    HAHAHAHAHA......wait....I don't get it.

    --
    Try not to let your mind wander. It's too small to be out by itself.

    PuddleNuts, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Llewellyn Angus

    boon Guest

    "Llewellyn Angus" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a Abit KR7A Raid Mainboard, with a ATI 32Mb Matrox DDR Dualhead,
    > I have recently upgraded the CPU (to AMD Duron 1600) and had to update
    > the firmware for the Mainboard.
    >
    > Heres the thing, intermittently when I cold start I get a blank screen
    > from go, but if I reboot (CTRL ALT DEL) it's fine.
    >
    > I cant seem to find any compatibility issues with either of these
    > components.
    >
    > Anyone had similar issues, or able to point me to the right question.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Llewellyn

    what kind of power supply u got? sounds like it doesnt have enough juice to
    power up everything

    boon, Apr 22, 2004
  4. boon wrote:
    > "Llewellyn Angus" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I have a Abit KR7A Raid Mainboard, with a ATI 32Mb Matrox DDR Dualhead,
    >>I have recently upgraded the CPU (to AMD Duron 1600) and had to update
    >>the firmware for the Mainboard.
    >>
    >>Heres the thing, intermittently when I cold start I get a blank screen
    >>from go, but if I reboot (CTRL ALT DEL) it's fine.
    >>
    >>I cant seem to find any compatibility issues with either of these
    >>components.
    >>
    >>Anyone had similar issues, or able to point me to the right question.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Llewellyn

    > what kind of power supply u got? sounds like it doesnt have enough juice to
    > power up everything

    Hi,

    It's a Suntek 300W PSU, I never thought of that! I'll disconnect a
    couple devices and see if it stops.

    Cheers
    Llewellyn

    Llewellyn Angus, Apr 22, 2004
  5. Llewellyn Angus wrote:

    > boon wrote:
    >
    >> "Llewellyn Angus" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have a Abit KR7A Raid Mainboard, with a ATI 32Mb Matrox DDR Dualhead,
    >>> I have recently upgraded the CPU (to AMD Duron 1600) and had to update
    >>> the firmware for the Mainboard.
    >>>
    >>> Heres the thing, intermittently when I cold start I get a blank screen
    >>> from go, but if I reboot (CTRL ALT DEL) it's fine.
    >>>
    >>> I cant seem to find any compatibility issues with either of these
    >>> components.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone had similar issues, or able to point me to the right question.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Llewellyn

    >> what kind of power supply u got? sounds like it doesnt have enough
    >> juice to
    >> power up everything
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > It's a Suntek 300W PSU, I never thought of that! I'll disconnect a
    > couple devices and see if it stops.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Llewellyn

    Thanks

    Problem solved! I never knew that a change in CPU would nick enough
    juice to cause such a problem.

    What kind of PSU do you recommend for a server with slightly above
    average devices.

    Cheers
    Llewellyn

    Llewellyn Angus, Apr 22, 2004
  6. Llewellyn Angus

    > Thanks
    >
    > Problem solved! I never knew that a change in CPU would nick enough
    > juice to cause such a problem.
    >
    > What kind of PSU do you recommend for a server with slightly above
    > average devices.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Llewellyn

    Id recommend at least a 400w decent brand. Steer clear of cheaper brands. Go
    for an Antec, Enermax, Q-Tec, or other such reliable, quality make.

    HTH.

    boon, Apr 22, 2004
  7. boon wrote:

    > "Llewellyn Angus" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Problem solved! I never knew that a change in CPU would nick enough
    >>juice to cause such a problem.
    >>
    >>What kind of PSU do you recommend for a server with slightly above
    >>average devices.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Llewellyn

    > Id recommend at least a 400w decent brand. Steer clear of cheaper brands. Go
    > for an Antec, Enermax, Q-Tec, or other such reliable, quality make.
    >
    > HTH.

    Thanks for the help and advice.

    Llewellyn Angus, Apr 22, 2004
  8. Llewellyn Angus

    ICee Guest

    boon wrote:
    > "Llewellyn Angus" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Problem solved! I never knew that a change in CPU would nick enough
    >> juice to cause such a problem.
    >>
    >> What kind of PSU do you recommend for a server with slightly above
    >> average devices.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Llewellyn

    > Id recommend at least a 400w decent brand. Steer clear of cheaper
    > brands. Go for an Antec, Enermax, Q-Tec, or other such reliable,
    > quality make.
    >
    > HTH.

    Good advice.

    ICee, Apr 22, 2004