    appreciate any help I could get on this.
    Thanks much,
    Tina
    Tina Jaworski, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Tina  Jaworski

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Tina Jaworski" <> wrote in message
    news:x13Dc.946$...
    | Greetings,
    | Anyone happen to know what would cause some (but not all) alphabet
    | characters to appear as boxes? It's been happening with emails so I went
    | and tried to view my email through the server directly to see if it was
    the
    | email client I was using and some of the web page alphabet characters
    appear
    | as little boxes also. I ran scandisk and no errors were found. I'd sure
    | appreciate any help I could get on this.
    | Thanks much,
    | Tina

    Change the font you're viewing them in? You may have a funny font chosen as
    default. Or you may have a damaged font file.
    Toolman Tim, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Thanks but I'm a tad confused! Is there a default computer font that would
    affect both emails received and internet websites? I know where to go in
    Outlook to change the default font but how could I change a font of
    someone's website...aren't i viewing it just as they have coded it?
    :)

    Tina Jaworski, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Tina  Jaworski

    Toolman Tim Guest

    If you have a damaged font on your computer, it will display as damaged in
    any application that uses it. Web programmers generally do not upload their
    fonts to your computer - they rely on the basic fonts that come installed in
    the system. Have you been able to narrow it down to any specific font(s)?
    Have you tried viewing those fonts in Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.? Have you
    checked the fonts in the Control Panel font folder to see if they display
    correctly from there? Just thinking out loud...

    Toolman Tim, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Tina  Jaworski

    trout Guest

    Tina Jaworski wrote:

    > Thanks but I'm a tad confused! Is there a default computer font that
    > would affect both emails received and internet websites? I know
    > where to go in Outlook to change the default font but how could I
    > change a font of someone's website...aren't i viewing it just as they
    > have coded it? :)

    Don't know if it applies to you; but OE *can* be set to "Ignore font
    styles specified on Web Pages". From the "Accessibility" button; on the
    General page of Internet Options. If that's checked; all sites will be
    displayed in whatever's been selected under Fonts (on the same page).
    --
    "Just in case some malevolent type has set it to 'Wing-dings' or
    something equally unpleasant."

    trout, Jun 26, 2004