    tia
    ___
    Slack

    Slack, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Slack

    Rod Speed Guest

    Slack <dont_even_think_@_about.it> wrote:

    > I have laptop (Dell e1505) and a 24'' LCD (Dell) that are hooked up (directly, no PC)
    > to each other. The LCD display is showing
    > (emulating) exactly what is on the laptop 98. But, whenever a video
    > is played, either Window Media player or Quick Time, the LCD blows up
    > the picture to full size, covers the entire 24' screen, even though
    > it's shown in a minimized window on the laptop.

    > I'm not sure what's causing this

    That is normal behaviour, its what most people want.

    > or whether it's setup problem with the laptop or LCD monitor.

    Yes it is.

    > I've tried playing around a little with both, but haven't been able to correct it. Any
    > ideas on how to fix this?

    You've got the LCD setup for the TV out in the video propertys.
    You need to set to to be the second monitor instead.

    Rod Speed, Aug 13, 2006

  3. Slack

    Slack Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    > Slack <dont_even_think_@_about.it> wrote:
    >
    >> I have laptop (Dell e1505) and a 24'' LCD (Dell) that are hooked up
    >> (directly, no PC) to each other. The LCD display is showing
    >> (emulating) exactly what is on the laptop 98. But, whenever a video
    >> is played, either Window Media player or Quick Time, the LCD blows up
    >> the picture to full size, covers the entire 24' screen, even though
    >> it's shown in a minimized window on the laptop.

    >> I'm not sure what's causing this

    > That is normal behaviour, its what most people want.
    >
    >> or whether it's setup problem with the laptop or LCD monitor.

    > Yes it is.
    >
    >> I've tried playing around a little with both, but haven't been able to
    >> correct it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

    > You've got the LCD setup for the TV out in the video propertys.
    > You need to set to to be the second monitor instead.

    Thanks, that actually helped me pinpoint where to look, ATI Catalyst, to fix
    the problem.
    ___
    Slack

    Slack, Aug 14, 2006